Chambers Bay updates

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
sagevanni

Re: Chambers Bay updates

Post by sagevanni »

72.......WOW...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally leave it up to you....!!!!! Just go for it my man...!!!!!

Yeah.....the course in APCD is a major pain......Danny D. said the same thing......Don't know why.....?????

Keep up the AWESOME work...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage...... :clapping: :smile: :clapping: :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Very nice hole preview :smile: One small thought: I personally think there are more legible fonts than Times New Roman (I think thats the one used?), and I believe making hole previews legible is something that some people appreciate very much depending on resolution and monitor, but it may be legible enough as it is. Also a question: are the distance markers on the fairway for a point right under the individual numbers (or are all 4 to the same spot)? I guess when comparing with the hole distances they seem to be the same spot, it seems a bit hard to interpret where that spot is.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Adelade wrote: May 7th, 2020, 6:42 pm Very nice hole preview :smile: One small thought: I personally think there are more legible fonts than Times New Roman (I think thats the one used?), and I believe making hole previews legible is something that some people appreciate very much depending on resolution and monitor, but it may be legible enough as it is. Also a question: are the distance markers on the fairway for a point right under the individual numbers (or are all 4 to the same spot)? I guess when comparing with the hole distances they seem to be the same spot, it seems a bit hard to interpret where that spot is.
Not quite sure of your question, but there are usually markers embedded in the fairway or on the side of the fairway for 250, 200, 150, 125, 100 and they are all measured to the center of the green. That's in real life though.

Pete
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

sagevanni wrote: May 7th, 2020, 4:53 pm Yeah.....the course in APCD is a major pain......Danny D. said the same thing......Don't know why.....?????
Hi Sage...

I have some opinions of what the cause may be for the slow rendering. Would you mind talking about it on the forums? :smile:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

A little off-topic but is that the same rail line where the passenger train crashed?
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Danny D.,

Anything you have to say would be welcome here by me and I am sure a lot of others.......

Please elaborate.....

Sage..... :smile:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Danny D wrote: May 8th, 2020, 3:38 amI have some opinions of what the cause may be for the slow rendering. Would you mind talking about it on the forums? :smile:
Would be all ears too indeed :smile: I may have a couple points on the subject I could bring up as well. I suggest a different thread?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Adelade wrote: May 8th, 2020, 8:40 am
Danny D wrote: May 8th, 2020, 3:38 amI have some opinions of what the cause may be for the slow rendering. Would you mind talking about it on the forums? :smile:
Would be all ears too indeed :smile: I may have a couple points on the subject I could bring up as well. I suggest a different thread?
Yes, I'll take it to The Designers Corner...

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Sage, man this course will be fantastic! I've been touring around it as I do some 3d work and work on the hole previews. Impressed doesn't even begin to cover it.:thumbup: Other than that slowdown we discussed the only thing I can see is the 12th hole (driveable par 4) from the back tee. The back tee should be able to see the bunker fronting the green and it could have a better sight line. I think if the tee deck ahead(which isn"t in use) were lowered or the back tee deck were raised (or a combo of both) it would be perfect. Here's the area to which I'm referring.
Attachments
chambers12.jpg
chambers12.jpg (727.28 KiB) Viewed 3876 times
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hey 72,

Thank you so much......!!!!! :smile:

When I get the course back from you I will address that issue and a few other brought up by Danny D.

Can't wait to see your work...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage...... :smile: :smile: