Barton Creek - Fazio

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
pmgolf

Barton Creek - Fazio

Post by pmgolf »

It's an idea that's a bit long-ranged right now, but is anyone looking to re-do this course? It was a favorite of mine back in the days when I played Click but it's not really playable now with RTS because of the pins. Before I start thinking of re-doing it, I thought I'd ask. Thanks!

Pete
Weeler

Re: Barton Creek - Fazio

Post by Weeler »

I, too, have always enjoyed Barton Creek. Since I'm not a designer, I for one, would say "go for it". It definitely needs an update. I've done some Beta
testing for Sage in the past, and one of his courses "Big Lake", also seems to have that "Texas hill country" kind of look to it, IMO. You may want to
check it out, if you haven't already.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Thanks, Weeler! I'll definitely need to find some of those small-leaf trees they have in Texas. All tips like that are very welcome!

Pete
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Pete,
Barton Creek was also one of my early favourites along with Banff Springs and Latrobe.
Look forward to playing it when you are finished.
Ian
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

pmgolf wrote: November 26th, 2020, 5:09 pmI'll definitely need to find some of those small-leaf trees they have in Texas. All tips like that are very welcome!
Do you have a picture or common or botanic name?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Not yet. I've seen those cottonwoods and other small-leaf trees as I drove through that area in the past. In Virginia we have oak and maple trees everywhere, so they stood out when I saw them. Also, I noticed the trees in the early Links versions of Barton Creek when I was comparing them to what I was seeing in Google Earth. Plenty of time to find them since I still have to finish the course I just started.

Pete
TexAgs

Post by TexAgs »

https://www.austintexas.gov/sites/defau ... _texas.pdf

The link above shows a lot of central Texas trees, but what you want are probably mesquite trees (Google link provided below as a courtesy).

https://www.google.com/search?q=mesquit ... 40&bih=757

Course descriptions with pictures----> http://www.ownersclubbartoncreek.com/co ... tions.html

Good Luck!
:thumbup:
Last edited by TexAgs on November 27th, 2020, 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

As if...
Attachments
Clubhouse.jpg
Clubhouse.jpg (7.21 KiB) Viewed 3692 times
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Thank you, Tex!

Pete
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

I have always liked playing Barton Creek too for Links and it would be great if someone was interested in giving it an upgrade! :clapping: