Going crazy

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Adelade

Re: Going crazy

Post by Adelade »

When you say you tried a different file, was it a previous file of the same course or a completely different course? Otherwise that indeed sounds very mysterious if you have the same issue on two different computers on two different courses and no one else seems to have the same problem... No clue what that could be. Have you checked if having any issues with Links? Could also check with some other application rendering 3D (Links doesnt really).
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Adelade wrote: April 21st, 2024, 6:06 am When you say you tried a different file, was it a previous file of the same course or a completely different course? Otherwise that indeed sounds very mysterious if you have the same issue on two different computers on two different courses and no one else seems to have the same problem... No clue what that could be. Have you checked if having any issues with Links? Could also check with some other application rendering 3D (Links doesnt really).
Different file, but after looking into the D3D error I think I have the problem covered. After running the scan/repair it began to work again, but to be safe I also changed the compatibility settings for the APCD.

I have never been able to get links to work on the new laptop, I tried everything suggested and nothing worked to get links running.

I think the error is related to firmware updates I did on both computers. The updates came within days of each other and so did the problem.
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Working on a new install, different file, same crashes :pcwhack: