Can enyone help

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
derricksummers

Can enyone help

Post by derricksummers »

:dunno: I have just come home from the hospital after a stroke and opened APCD , This works until I tried to invert virts onto my course. All I get is a square shape.
can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. I have tried everything I can think of, with no luck.
Derrick :surrender: :helpsmilie:
sagevanni

Re: Can enyone help

Post by sagevanni »

I'm not quite sure what you are saying Derrick?

Hope you are doing better.

Sage...... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

:dunno: When I try to enter a virts on my course all It does it just puts a square if I move it about. :bookh: :wallbash:
Derrick
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Hey there, Derrick! I know you have worked with the APCD in some shapes (faces) other than triangles. Is that part of the issue? Or is your issue stroke-related? Hope you are recovering well!

Pete
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

derricksummers wrote: March 13th, 2024, 11:11 am :dunno: When I try to enter a virts on my course all It does it just puts a square if I move it about. :bookh: :wallbash:
Derrick
Hi Derrick. Hope you are recovering well.

Is it possible you are trying to enter verts using the "terrain painter"?? If so, perhaps one of your settings is not set correctly.
If that is the case, here is a screenshot of the terrain painter settings. Make sure yours matches what's in this picture and let
us know if that is what you were having the problem with.

Best wishes to you my friend, and get better soon. :thumbup:

Dan

verts.jpg
verts.jpg (492.97 KiB) Viewed 371 times
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

Hey Danny. I have tried everything I could but it still comes up with the same thing . I have reinstalled it and its no different . So as I am nearly 90 I have decided to pack it all in, I will just keep enjoying the courses that come up.
Please accept my apologies and I wish all the coming designers the best of luck. Thank you all :thumbup: :notworthy: :cheers1:
Derrick
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Derrick can you show an image of what it looks like? I have difficulty understanding exactly what you meant in your first two posts. Were you using the "Add Vert" tool or the "Terrain Painter" tool or the "Move Vert" tool when the issue occurs or something else? What type of square shape do you mean?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...