Course Render

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Volorgas

Course Render

Post by Volorgas »

Can anyone tell me how I can capture a high resolution render of my entire APCD course from either the APCD software, or the game itself? I'd like to capture this image so I can doctor it up in Photoshop and then print it out at a larger size and not have it look all pixelated. Thanks.
Adelade

Re: Course Render

Post by Adelade »

Well first of all do it from within Links instead of within APCD, APCD makes everything blurrier. As for how to set up Links to look as good as possible, that is a complex question and depends on your system. I can at least mention a couple relatively simple things that Im sure you're going to want to do - Make sure the Picture Quality slider in Links' Graphics Settings is set to max and make sure you use the RegEdit for maximum resolution (and a monitor compatible with the highest resolution): viewtopic.php?t=478 You're probably going to want to find some specific beautiful sky file too.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Adelade,
How do you view an entire course from within the game?

Sage...... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Oh I missed that "entire" part :tongue: Sorry. Yeah you probably need APCD for that. I remember when I made my first course i considered constructing a fake tee high up in the sky to see how it looked within Links for taking pictures, but I never ended up doing it. I bet the sky/panorama would look weird in some way.

Even in APCD, it can be hard to make it look good, at least if you want the image to look like if it was taken in real life. But you can play around with the angles in perspective view. And Im not sure you will ever be able to get things not looking at least somewhat pixelated from within APCD.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...