Harding Park 1st look - all new 2Ds...uploaded

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
badgolfer1

Re: Harding Park 1st look - all new 2Ds...uploaded

Post by badgolfer1 »

morvio100 wrote: November 7th, 2023, 3:31 pm I agree completely Big Sexy JC....all good points...and yeah..what they done to this point is amazing...just look at the Bethpage 06 course...the level of texuring...is quite amazing....hope I didnt piss any designers off ...with my observation regards the blurriness of tree textures up close...no disrepect meant....is just a pity that no work around is possible ...guess the game would have had to be coded to allow for LOD textures back in the day....agree about the LIDAR scenario also....a new highly detailed topography level has bee achieved...which in itself is enough reason to continue playing..what is still many years later...probably the best golf game around...
MORVIO100, YOU WROTE I SEE ABOVE, "just look at the Bethpage 06 course...the level of texuring...is quite amazing". WELL JUST GOING FROM MY OWN LIMITED INTELLIGENCE--- THE 06 COURSE WAS NOT EVEN IN ENHANCED HD VERSION, THAT I AM THINKING WAS VERY MUCH AN UPGRADE AS TO LOOKS OF COURSES HERE IN LINKS, OTHERWISE WHY WOULD ROBERT MILLER REDO HIS ALONG WITH DOMINIQUE BOIS'S 06 PREVIOUS VERSION AND EVEN 14 YEARS LATER NOW 2023---AND WITH COURSES DONE HERE IN LINKS SINCE, IT MIGHT BE SO THAT MAYBE A FEW OF THEM CAME CLOSE OR EVEN EXCEEDED REALISM BACK THEN AND HAS BEEN MENTIONED REALISM OF ELEVATIONS IN LINKS HAS SINCE GOTTEN BETTER AND BETTER WITH STRAKALINE ALONG WITH LIDAR.
https://linkscorner.org/courses/course. ... 672---year out 2006
https://linkscorner.org/courses/course. ... 889---year out 2009 redone in HD
NOT MYSELF BEING A TECHNICAL GENIUS AS SOME PURPORT THEMSELVES TO BE HERE I LOOK TO CLIPNOTES FOR A BETTER APPRAISAL THAN I MIGHT PROVIDE OF WHAT WAS WRITTEN ABOUT 09 COURSE.
Appearance 10/10
Seriously? Anyone really need comment passed here? Immense depth of 3D work (telegraph cables and wire-mesh bins, for heaven's sake), a glorious and detailed texture set, everything is beyond perfect, from the picture-perfect planting to every single sprinkler head on the fairway. Somewhere between genius and insanity.
Technical 10/10
Pixel for pixel, this is not only the most stunning production of a real-life course in Links, but the most incredible thing I've seen in the game, full stop.

NOT REMEMBERING FULLY, BUT THINK WGT TAKES PICTURES OF COURSES AND INCORPORATES THEM INTO GAME. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Golf_Tour
SELECT PORTIONS ARE USED---World Golf Tour (abbreviated WGT Golf and WGT by Topgolf) is an online multiplayer virtual golf game. It is played virtually on actual golf courses located in the United States, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Canada and Mexico, using a patented 3D photorealistic georeferencing technology.
Co-founders of WGT Media Chad Nelson and YuChiang Cheng collaborated in 2006 to come up with a high-quality golf game simulation that could be played for free on the Internet, and compete with or surpass the visual quality of console video sports games. Part of the intended goal was to have a fully integrated social golfing network website. They recruited JF Prata and Phil Gorrow of Electronic Arts to build the physics game engine that interfaces the thousands of photographs of each golf course that are used to create the WGT Golf experience.
Because of its authenticity in photographing and using actual golf courses for game development, WGT Golf differs from standard console video sports games that are produced fully by computer graphics, rendered by animators.

THEN THIS BRINGS UP TIGER AND RORY'S NEW GOLF LEAGUE THAT LOOKS LIKE USING TOP GOLF MODEL FOR PLAYERS COMPETING.
https://tglgolf.com/
BUT SERIOUSLY MORVIO100---IF LOOK OF TREES BOTHERS YOU STILL AS WHEN YOU FIRST JOINED POSTING AND COMPLAINED ABOUT VALDERRAMA THEN, PERHAPS YOU TRY WGT OUT AS IS FREE TO JOIN AND PLAY.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1527&p=13838#p13838
Valderama texture remodel
Post by morvio100 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:33 am
Simply request, I wonder could one of the current master designers like Lez Marrick gain permission to redo the tree textures on this wonderful course, downloaded it today along with some fantastic Marrwick courses, thanks alot Lez for your wonderful designs not only are your courses visually beautiful they are technically challenging, the Valderema course looks like its going to be a hoot to play and master, the fairway and green textures are great but I think the trees in places let it down, don't know to its topography is spot on, but looks like its going to be a great course to play, maybe one of the master designers can gain permission somehow, thanks for to all the great designs, cant stop playing this game....maybe a long shot(forgive the pun)..just thought id ask anyway.... :clapping:
badgolfer1

Post by badgolfer1 »

Regarding course there are several scary looking drives such as on #12 where have to position ball on tee as far as possible to side of tee in which to get better angle to fairway and even then have to draw or fade drive since trees are so close to tee just out from it on the left side there. With tall trees beside some other fairways even if not actually encroaching in as on #12---just the trees being there to sides of fairways makes for look of having a narrow fairway hoping alot to wind up in it after drive and not being blocked out on next shot.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

I think I TRIED WGT game many moons ago...I thought the physics wasn't up to much...I may be wrong...but I think they used photogrammetry on those courses..and indeed some looked dang good....thinking back here..but I think the animations were not up yo much either but as you say it is free...where original disc copies of Links 2k3 are selling for close to 500 dollars now...so thats something to consider...well done on the ani's by the way....I havent dl;d many...but the ones I did are great...will down dl;d more in your Christmas sale at the onestop ani shop...lol...ps I was not complainin was hoping against hope someone would find a workaround of sorts is all
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

morvio100 wrote: November 7th, 2023, 3:36 am what about mip mapping....is there not some fancy dds compression that can be used on a 2 k/4 k image :bookh:
Not with the Links 2003 software. :rules: :nono:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Finally got around to playing my first full round on Harding Park, certainly enjoyed it. Admittedly, I thought the hole layouts of the first 9 were slightly bland, but the back 9 are excellent. Thanks for making it and congrats on the "true" APCD return with posting a brand new course.
:cheers1:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...