Sand Hollow golf course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
sagevanni

Re: Sand Hollow golf course

Post by sagevanni »

I'll probly end up re-planting, Thanks Danny.

Sage....... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Hey, Sage......
I downloaded the beta and played all 18. Not really doing a "beta" test for technical issues or anything. More or less just a quick "visual" run-through so to speak. One glaring spot seemed to be the mound next to the tee on hole 15. It's totally smooth, with a few rocks that seem to be "hanging" off of it. It's just not in sync with the other landscaping work. Perhaps you could make it look more like the cliffs on holes 12, 13. More "etched" markings, etc. to add more realism. It's so close to the golfer that it is very prominent in the view.

And, I actually checked out photos of the actual course to compare with your version ( mainly to verify how unbelievably "orange" hued those bunkers are ! ), but even though the Pano looks nice....it seems like it's lacking in some low cliffs and mountainous views off in the distance to fill things out a bit. ( sorry Danny, just constructive criticism....trust me ) Otherwise, I really like those other new mountain designs on your pano.

This course sure has some very "bold" contrasts IRL, and is pretty unique over all.

Thanks for reading................Ron
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Weeler wrote: September 25th, 2023, 8:27 pm but even though the Pano looks nice....it seems like it's lacking in some low cliffs and mountainous views off in the distance to fill things out a bit. ( sorry Danny, just constructive criticism....trust me ) Otherwise, I really like those other new mountain designs on your pano.
Hi Ron. I captured the surrounding terrain exactly as it showed on Google Earth. I never add or take away background scenery on the horizon. I leave it as-is...

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

The pano had to be modified by me to get the correct look when playing 12, 13, 14 and 15 from all tee and green angles.
Danny D. did a stupendous job on the pano in it's original form. I couldn't have ask for more. Thanks you as always Danny.... :clapping: :cheers1:

Adelade

Post by Adelade »

With certain skies, one part of the pano looks odd from for example 13th tee (pale blue sky regardless of which sky file is being used) - can that part not be made transparent on the panorama instead?

SH13.jpg
SH13.jpg (191.22 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Other than raising the pano I don't see a way out of this one..................The sky in the pano is transparent. It has to be a sky thing. That part of the course is 200 feet below the course.

Sage..... :smile:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I see. The panorama does seem to be too low to me, considering there is no far horizon beyond the aim marker in below picture, despite the aim marker being below the level of the tee/player/camera.

SH13_CloseupView.jpg
SH13_CloseupView.jpg (191.37 KiB) Viewed 1887 times
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

sagevanni wrote: September 26th, 2023, 8:59 am The pano had to be modified by me to get the correct look when playing 12, 13, 14 and 15 from all tee and green angles.
Danny D. did a stupendous job on the pano in it's original form. I couldn't have ask for more. Thanks you as always Danny.... :clapping: :cheers1:

You're welcome Sage. Glad to help. :tiphat:

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

If your round is not going well, that cliff by the side of 13 looks the perfect spot to lose some clubs in frustration.....
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I'm going to look into messing with the pano in that particular area and see what I can do.

Having major problems with APCD at this point in time.............I'll be back.

Sage...... :cheers1: