Crooked Stick Golf Club - Beta

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Ian Wells

Crooked Stick Golf Club - Beta

Post by Ian Wells »

The Beta version of this course will shortly be available in the course library - thank you Andy. :tiphat:

Please take the time to play the course and post any and all comments. The usual caveats apply, in that I will consider all comments, but will only take action on those comments I agree with.
I am particularly interested in the comments regarding the deep rough. On this beta version I have made this easy to play from (almost the same as the rough texture). I would like to make it more punishing, and would, therefore, like your opinions on should it be punishing and if so how punishing?

I will add the acknowledgements to the final issue, which I expect to be on 1 September 2023.

Ian
bear2016

Re: Crooked Stick Golf Club - Beta

Post by bear2016 »

looking forward to playing it. always look forward to play your golf courses.
guitarget2019

Post by guitarget2019 »

Punishing enough where I can't shoot a 57? :laugh:

Thanks, Ian. My only comment so far is, "Who cuts your hair?" :laugh: :laugh: (Cheech & Chong)
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Ian,
Fabulous job so far my man....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you know some details need to be worked out but right now......Awesome job..!!!!!!!!

See.......you guys can do great 3D work, me not so much.....oh well.

Sage...... :clapping: :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

If you shoot 57s you'll most likely never end up in any deep grass to begin with :tongue: Interesting question Ian, I have some thoughts on this but I'll save them until after I've played a full round.

Checked it out some for now and I have some observations - should I submit them here or?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
bear2016

Post by bear2016 »

ian i played a few holes today and i think this might be your best work yet. even though i have enjoyed all your other courses to date.
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Thanks for the comments:
Bear2016
Wow,
might be your best work yet
The building of this course has been my least enjoyable build, but if you are happy with it I am overjoyed. :smile:

Adelade
If you give your comments on the forum, then everybody will see them and therefore eliminate duplicate entries. :smile:

Sage
I'm sure you know some details need to be worked out but right now
You have me at a disadvantage. I am sure that there are mistakes/faults, that's why I issue it as a Beta, however, I do not know of any problems. If you can identify them I will correct them and be very grateful. :tiphat:

guitarget
No substances were used in the making of this course, other than a beer or two. :whistle:

Thanks again for the comments.

Ian
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

After playing a full, slow round and "taking in" everything as I played, I feel that Ian has created another First-rate rendition of a real course with Crooked Stick. To me the textures and colors work VERY well together to give the course a very natural and realistic look. The 3D clubhouse is also quite nicely done. Small touches here and there, make the course look "complete", so to speak.

I'll have to admit that this is a pretty relaxed layout for a Pete Dye design. But I think it's fun to play, and is definitely a keeper for me. Only via playing LINKS courses, have I realized that this course, and Ian's "Victoria National" are two very nice real layouts in the state of Indiana.

Keep the great work coming, Ian :cheers1:

Ron
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Ian,
Really all I saw that glared me in the face was this floating bridge.................The detail in the view is amazing..!!!!!!!! I love it.
CS bridge float.JPG
CS bridge float.JPG (302.56 KiB) Viewed 1184 times
Sage.......Again, outstanding so far..... :clapping: :clapping:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Sage,
Thank you. That's not so much floating as entering earths orbit. :smile:
Ian