Cape Kidnappers

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Adelade

Re: Cape Kidnappers

Post by Adelade »

I dont usually want to say too much until having played a full round, but I think its safe to give my congratulations. Thank you all very much for bringing this to us.

I did find one potential gameplay issue, but the posted version says Final, you mentioned earlier that there would be a beta, but I dont think there was one? Im going to mention it anyway since I think it has the potential to ruin a round in some situations:

I noticed there is no Out of Bounds on the course in Links, I know it can be extremely difficult to find info on where OB is on a course in real life, with some luck its marked on some hole preview material, but often it is not on those either, including in this case. I strongly believe there must be OB on some of these holes in real life, especially hole 15. As it stands within Links, I believe a miss to the left on that hole 15 has the potential to make it impossible to escape back up and hole out. I think Links lets players pick up the ball and record a 5-over-par, but that can still ruin the mood completely. I normally like when there is as little OB as possible, but this is one of those times where OB actually helps players.

While Im posting anyway... I couldnt help but being curious about the wind direction after noticing that it mostly seems to blow from land towards ocean in Links rather than the other way around. I know this isnt necessarily unnatural in real life, depends on the time and location, but I did find this article which in a few places hints that the wind commonly comes in from the ocean on this course, for example in the descriptions of Holes 12 and 13:
Article: https://golfcoursegurus.com/reviews/cap ... lf-course/

Very much looking forward to playing the full round.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I just looked over the course in practice mode. You did really well on this one, Sage! It's a beauty! I'm going to go play it now.

Pete
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

First impression of this course is an instant Wow. Everything fits together perfectly. Textures, planting, pano, bridges are perfect. Reminds me of Adelade's Kauri Cliffs. A thrilling course to play and I can't wait to play a few rounds. I did notice that there are no hole handicaps. That's it so far. Thanks for making this, Sage. With your other great courses recently, it's been a great year for courses. Is Wolf Creek still coming? :fcrossed:
Chuck
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

The quality of the courses coming from you guys over the years is superb. Thank you for another fine release Sage. Who woulda thought courses like this would become available back in 2003? 20 years later, they're just getting better and better.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Thanks guys. looks like a few things to fix..............................

Sage....... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Sage,
I have only played the first 9 and the quality of workmanship is as per a normal Sagevanni production - exceptional. :tiphat:

I was also blown away by the detail and quality of the hole previews, wonderful. (They must have taken an age to do?) :clapping:

My only comment, not criticism, would be the lack of fringes on the greens, it just looks odd to me. (That probably says more about me than the golf course. :whistle: )

:cheers1:
Ian
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

You all can thank Leo Allen ( gator ) for the hole previews. Wonderful job. :clapping:

Sage......... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Not bad I guess.......
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

The colours, planting....very well done. Excellent rendering of this Tom Doak masterpiece.

My only criticism would be the course notes on the download page.

It should have read... " Please enjoy Leo Allen and my awesome rendition of the awesome course.. ".... :laugh: :notworthy:

And with that I present my entry for the lamest post of the year....

:cheers1:
T