National Golf Links

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
braden1308

Re: National Golf Links

Post by braden1308 »

Very close!

2.jpg
2.jpg (162.08 KiB) Viewed 2158 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (164.19 KiB) Viewed 2158 times
13.jpg
13.jpg (136.63 KiB) Viewed 2158 times
16.jpg
16.jpg (87.67 KiB) Viewed 2158 times
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Sensational....... :notworthy:

:cheers1:
T
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

lookin good! photographer there for the Walker Cup, just a magical place
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

You designers are the greatest-especially the Sage organization who did a light-speed rendition of St. Georges!

Now for a little APCD humour (meant in jest)...looking at that windmill I'm feeling an irresistible urge to break out my putter and try to get through the windmill and into the bear's mouth for an ace! :rofl: :rofl:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Quality, pure quality. :tiphat:

Ian
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I'll go with Duck Hook.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping: :cheers1: :clapping: :cheers1:

Sage........ :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Great !!

Where we going ?

:smile: :smile:

:cheers1:
T
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

You choice Todd.................... :smile:

Sage......... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Thanks all :cheers1: hole previews and some testing to go :fcrossed:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Im really looking forward to this one. For one thing, the screenshots look great, and the setting seems pretty lovely, but the course itseIf might also be a somewhat unique and refreshing experience in Links from a gameplay perspective. I have never looked at all the holes of the layout in detail, but I have heard and seen a lot of details here and there of the design, and I feel so ready to experience the whole thing in a complete round, and then probably many, many more rounds. This is a really old course, not only because it was made long ago, but even back when it was made, it was made with a whole lot of inspiration from even older golf course designs from The British Isles.

If you had asked me a few years ago if I liked old golf course design, I probably would have said not really. I always thought St Andrews seemed really overrated, and I used to not be a big fan of linksland-style courses in general - all those nasty pot bunkers and thick grass and strong wind and firm bounces and blind shots and slippery run-off areas and whatnot... When being used to, and being a fan of parkland golf it can seem downright sadistic. But I started appreciating linksland golf more and more, and the big turning point for me came when i worked on Royal St George's, and especially through studying and shaping those greens it made me really start to understand and embrace the beauties of linksland golf design. The thing is, with the great and famous courses, those "sadistic" elements are often intricate parts of the strategy of the holes, and often opens up different interesting alternatives to approach a hole, if one stops for a moment to think outside of the "long and straight'" box of thinking, and I believe National Golf Links contains some of the best of that.

So, in order to enjoy this course to its fullest, I recommend going into it with an open mind and being prepared for some "unusual" types of shots that one might not see so much of in modern golf. Also, the enjoyment of playing it likely increases in subsequent rounds, after one has learned more and more about the course. Sure, that can probably be said for a ton of courses, but it might be especially true with this one.

Sorry, done ranting. Looking forward to it.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...