Links game going crazy.

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
fiver

Links game going crazy.

Post by fiver »

When I launch 2003, it loads fine. I get to the main menu and point the tee mouse on play golf and parts of the verbiage disappears. When I finally enter the game, the overhead camera starts to load then disappears. I can still see the ball moving in the overhead view. The whole game has also slowed down. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Jim
pmgolf

Re: Links game going crazy.

Post by pmgolf »

More information, please.
You: new computer? old computer? Laptop/Onboard Graphics? Laptop with Video Card? or Desktop?
Operating system: Windows 10? 11? 7?
New Links installation?
1.07 Patch installed?
nVidia Patch installed?
Resolution used for Links? 800 x 600?
"I point the tee mouse on play golf and parts of the verbiage disappears" What part?
Can see the ball moving in the Top View... How about the aiming stick? Can you see that, too?
"The game has slowed down" The Click swingwheel? Slowed down a lot/a little? Unplayable?

Anything else needed, guys?

Thanks!
Pete
fiver

Post by fiver »

Pete,
Thanks for replying.
1. I use a laptop with windows 10. It's not brand new.
2. 3D acceleration by AMD Radeon HD 8550G.
3. I used my own CDs and installed Links3002 3-4 years ago.
4. All patches installed in sequence and N-Vidia patch installed, too.
5. 1280 x 720 16 bit screen. The aiming stick is there, but no top view to see where the stick is aiming.
6. The pointing tee seems to make a block where the letter is on the menu go blank. When I remove the pointing tee, the letter will reappear.
The command still works and changes the menu to the next menu.
7. I play RTS. The swing seems to be good. When the ball leaves the tee, it take at least twice as long.

Thanks, Jim
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

It sounds like it might be your video driver. Research some drivers (driver sites and AMD's sites). Based on what I've read about it lately, include some old ones. See if you can get any kind of review of the drivers - which ones are/were more popular. TomsHardware.com might be a good place to start. plus some google searches. You should be able to get several drivers and load each one and test it. I've had to resort to doing that before. Good luck!

Pete
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

And everything was fine before now on the same computer with the same setup? Any other games with similar graphical workload as Links started having any problems?

Try changing to 32-bit display mode instead of 16-bit.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
fiver

Post by fiver »

Thanks all you guys. 32 bit from 16 worked. Lets hope it stays :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :cheers1:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Fiver (there's humour there), but, speaking from experience this community is extremely helpful, especially for those of us who aren't "digital experts")!😄
fiver

Post by fiver »

Hey Jimbo,

What is digital? I don't understand. :dunno: :laugh: :laugh: :cheers1: