Windows 11/Links Sits on Desktop

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Boot

Re: Windows 11/Links Sits on Desktop

Post by Boot »

Adelade wrote: April 21st, 2023, 5:55 am Im seeing that lots of people can run the game with Win 11, including one person with a i7-12700K
Who isn't using Nvidia!
I'm not a computer expert to give you the technical details but what Links requires to function and was part of all previous Nvidia drivers has been pulled from the new drivers. It no longer exists! It doesn't matter what you do, Links can't utilize what is not there. It won't work!
This is just the graphics card side of things. I have no idea of all the other issues with new hardware under Windows 11. Those who have all new hardware like Kiwi cannot even start the game. There have been 3 or 4 people now and no one has yet managed to even partially run it.
Let's leave it here. People will have to buy new systems as time goes on. They will all be here with the same issues.
Boot

Post by Boot »

Fixes are beyond ticking a certain checkbox or adding a registry entry. The patch size is 423mb so I think it's a little more involved than a tick in a checkbox.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

My apologies. I forgot that the proper response to someone who just wants to stir up trouble is to ignore their posts. When you don't do that, you're giving them what they want - recognition. :nono:
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Some people have no idea what they are talking about,of course Links works on Windows 11, as for Nvidia drivers they all work with Links 2003
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Boot wrote: April 21st, 2023, 9:24 amWho isn't using Nvidia!
I'm not a computer expert to give you the technical details but what Links requires to function and was part of all previous Nvidia drivers has been pulled from the new drivers. It no longer exists! It doesn't matter what you do, Links can't utilize what is not there. It won't work!
This is just the graphics card side of things. I have no idea of all the other issues with new hardware under Windows 11. Those who have all new hardware like Kiwi cannot even start the game. There have been 3 or 4 people now and no one has yet managed to even partially run it.
Let's leave it here. People will have to buy new systems as time goes on. They will all be here with the same issues.
Maybe if you had pivoted to this Nvidia criteria much earlier, instead of keep one-tracking on your "new hardware" line for ages after it had been debunked, we all could have had a nice discussion about the possibilities of what you're saying. As it is, with your troll behavior in so many ways, your words have lost all credibility. You're going to have to show us something substantial like a source if you want to have a chance at being taken seriously about anything.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

"The patch size is 423mb so I think it's a little more involved than a tick in a checkbox.....do the decent thing ...and send the KIWI a LINK so's he can link up with your link so's he can solve his Links2k3 issue...simples....the KIWI can then fire up his Links2k3 ....you've then proved your theory and provided a a potential Links player with the link he needs to link up other Links players thus the admin can STICKY THE LINK so more Links players with the links res/or hardware issues can iron out their gremlins with the link you provided Links....booohhhyyaaaa...ps.....I purposefully tried to insert the word Links as many times as I could ....hehehe
Boot

Post by Boot »

morvio100 wrote: April 21st, 2023, 11:22 pm "The patch size is 423mb so I think it's a little more involved than a tick in a checkbox.....do the decent thing ...and send the KIWI a LINK so's he can link up with your link so's he can solve his Links2k3 issue...simples....the KIWI can then fire up his Links2k3 ....you've then proved your theory and provided a a potential Links player with the link he needs to link up other Links players thus the admin can STICKY THE LINK so more Links players with the links res/or hardware issues can iron out their gremlins with the link you provided Links....booohhhyyaaaa...ps.....I purposefully tried to insert the word Links as many times as I could ....hehehe
Patch is not mine to give out. I really don't blame the creator for not making it public as the treatment here is beyond belief. I should probably thank you all because without your idiocy I would also still not have the patch. Four people have the patch as far as I know and there is no intention to share it any further.

Adelade, I will be leaving now, never coming back. You are the strangest person I've ever come across online. The others are just keyboard warriors.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Boot wrote: April 22nd, 2023, 6:12 amYou are the strangest person I've ever come across online.
Thank you, unfortunately not sure I can say the same for you, but you're definitely in the top 3.
I will be leaving now, never coming back.
We all totally believe this :laugh:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Titus

Post by Titus »

That's fine, then the four of you will play alone in the future, it's no problem for me
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Any one in here playing Links with a 12th generation CPU I tried to get Kiwi's game going using a remote program but to no avail I noticed his CPU was a 12th generation that was the only difference between his Computer and mine. I even used the same Nvidia Driver that I use.