RIVIERA

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
Jimbo

RIVIERA

Post by Jimbo »

I don't know how many of you have been lucky enough to attend the Genesis LA Invitational but I was there several years ago. If you've played on Links you know that the course plays down into a "stadium" (IMHO the first hole should be a Par 4, at least for the pros).
Anyway the "Goodyear Blimp shot" in addition to walking the course it's hard to avoid looking up and wondering just who may be watching!😉

That cart path on the first hole is the spectators' entrance.

Chuck and Pat...brilliant!👌👍
Last edited by Jimbo on February 19th, 2023, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FOOOOORE!

Re: RIVIERA

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Woods can't win of course, but any other golfer with his health problems would be looking at those who didn't make the cut. For Woods, it's just "Lost another one." Can you believe the "Tampon Controversy"? Too many very small people doing virtue-signaling these days. Was Thomas offended? No. End of story. At least, if he can put together another par or subpar round on Sunday, he's made progress. A top-20 seems possible, not that he'd care. (Jimbo: I assume you meant par-4 on the first hole, with that huge drop-off from the first tee?)
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Gotta admit I'm with Michael Johnson on Tiger. 100%
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I will say it's poor timing, knowing it would be caught by cameras, and knowing the likely consequences, in light of all he's said lately promoting the PGA. It should have been a locker room thing. But he's not the first or last jock to show poor judgment. Hey, at least it was a fresh, new one! :laugh:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

FOOOOORE!

It wasn't poor timing, it was poor judgement, he never should have done it.

His daughter must be very proud of him.

ian
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion. You should see all the Karens giving it to us on FB.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Joking about women = not ok. Joking about Karens = ok?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I think you got the two of us mixed up there, I don't have two opposing views. No worries, this is all much ado about nothing.