Tobacco Road Golf Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
sagevanni

Re: Tobacco Road Golf Course

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Everyone,
Now that the course is entering it's final stages before planting, I am having trouble even moving around the course. My system can not handle much more. I don't understand why because I used to be able to wiz through these courses, even big megabyte size ones. I have tried everything I can think of from the net to every suggestion mentioned here. Nothing helps. I am using a laptop. I thought it was good enough.
My specs not that it will make a diff..................
speccy-1.JPG
speccy-1.JPG (64.93 KiB) Viewed 4886 times
So I am going to make it as clean and complete as I can then someone will have to plant it to complete it the rest of the way. I wish I could finish it all myself but I can't do it.

Sage........ :dunno: :wallbash:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Titus

Post by Titus »

Hello Sage,

I'm not very familiar with laptops.

But it could be that your CPU gets too hot (95°) and then the CPU clocks down.

Have you done your courses with this laptop before?

is 8GB RAM enough for APCD?

I keep my fingers crossed for you and us :fcrossed:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Sage,
Titus mentioned the temperature:
But it could be that your CPU gets too hot (95°) and then the CPU clocks down.
so I checked my laptop as I work on Crooked Stick and this is my spec:
Speccy140623.jpg
Speccy140623.jpg (70.57 KiB) Viewed 4871 times

As you can see it is half your temperature.(As you are aware I know nothing about computers)

It is most probably because you work on SageTurbotilme and your laptop does not have enough time to coll down.

I hope you can resole it, as working with APCD is frustrating enough, when it runs perfetly.

Good luck,
Ian
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

When it comes to CPU temp, I don't completely trust Speccy. When I first installed it, I read something about the CPU temp not being accurate, so I installed another app: Core Temp. Speccy CPU temp runs around 90 degrees Centigrade. This is what Core Temp shows:
CoreTemp.jpg
CoreTemp.jpg (46.38 KiB) Viewed 4863 times
It also can be set to notify you if the core temp gets too high. You can get it here: https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

I ran a virus scan when I downloaded it just in case.

Pete
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

You might get a can of air and blow it out. Could be that the airflow is restricted. Simple first step.
No matter where you go, there you are.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I cleaned out my vents. It runs really cool now.

BUT.......................... No improvement in APCD performance................I can only work on the course with "render hole" option only.
speccy no APCD.jpg
speccy no APCD.jpg (68.25 KiB) Viewed 4854 times
speccy hole render.jpg
speccy hole render.jpg (119.17 KiB) Viewed 4854 times
speccy full render-2.jpg
speccy full render-2.jpg (102.84 KiB) Viewed 4854 times

Sage...... :wallbash:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Does the course have individual seamblends that span a really long distance? I remember that you determined on some of your past courses that the problem (if caused by long seamblends) can be fixed by breaking up the long seamblends into smaller parts.

I find that course filesize has very little to do with how fast they load within APCD, as it is mostly a measure of how many different high resolution textures there are. APCD can load a lot of textures relatively well, compared to Links and compared to seamblends and objects.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Adelade,
Thanks for the reminder about long seams........Gonna modify my big ones and see what changes.

Sage...... :cheers1:
fiver

Post by fiver »

I hope all of us Links players who can't design because our heads aren't screwed on correctly are reading these pages. I am in awe of these designers helping each other. It gives me goose bumps to read all the different suggestions that are put on this forum. When this course is done, you all will understand. I love this crew. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :cheers1:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Hope you get your issues sorted mate.
I checked out some pictures of the real course out of curiosity a few days ago to see what would be involved in planting. OMG, you are gonna have to be committed to get this right... :scared: Best of luck :thumbup: Btw, you obviously know this as one of your screen captures mirrors one of the screenshots on the courses website and it's a close to a perfect match as the APCD will allow, great job mate.

:cheers1:
T