Planting Question Help Please

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Stuart Hatch

Planting Question Help Please

Post by Stuart Hatch »

Hi there, a bit of help please to what I'm sure is a straight forward question. :helpsmilie:

When planting should the 'Relative Scale' box be ticked/unticked? What is the different effect between the two options?

Many thanks.
sagevanni

Re: Planting Question Help Please

Post by sagevanni »

Where are you seeing 'Relative Scale' box...????? Send a pic.......

Sage..... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Stuart Hatch

Post by Stuart Hatch »

Hi Sage - select the 'Planting' tab and then click on the 'Scale' icon. Just underneath 'Object Size' at the bottom of the table is 'Relative Scale'. What is it relative to

To 'tick' or not to 'tick', that is the question :dunno:

Stuart
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

You can use it in both ways depending on the situation, let me see if I can explain what the box does:

As an example, lets say you have a group of planted trees and bushes in an area, with individually different heights per object, for example maybe the trees are around 50 feet tall and the bushes around 5 feet tall. Lets say you look at them and think "hmm, they're all a bit smaller than I would like them", so you wanna scale them all up. If you have the relative scale box checked, then you can select all of them and increase them by, say, 20% in one go with the scale tool and end with the trees at 60 feet tall and the bushes 6 feet tall. If you didnt have the box ticked, you'd end up with every selected object the exact same size, for example suddenly all your trees AND bushes would all be 60 feet tall each - that wouldnt work!

Most times its probably best to have the box checked, but some situations could arise where you'd wanna even out a number of differently sized objects to become the exact same size in one go, for those times it would be useful to use the box unchecked.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...