viewing Objects with PSP

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
pmgolf

viewing Objects with PSP

Post by pmgolf »

I seem to remember that someone posted a way that you could look at objects in the library with PSP but now I can't find it. PSP can't handle .BTX files. Is there something that can convert them to .TGA's? Thanks.

Could it be that this is something that Links Extender can do?

Pete
Danny D

Re: viewing Objects with PSP

Post by Danny D »

pmgolf wrote: August 14th, 2020, 11:12 pm I seem to remember that someone posted a way that you could look at objects in the library with PSP but now I can't find it. PSP can't handle .BTX files. Is there something that can convert them to .TGA's? Thanks.

Could it be that this is something that Links Extender can do?

Pete
Hi Pete...

You can look at any file in the OL that you want. Just open your OL and browse to the object type that you want to view and browse thru them that way. You can view the object type either in the OBJECTS tab, or the PLANTING SET tab. You can view any available object in the library if you choose to view them in the OBJECTS tab. Then they can be transferred to your PLANTING SET if you want. Just click on the OBJECTS tab, and then the drop-down object type list, pick the ones that you want to view, make sure either 2D or 3D is selected on the top right, and then you will see them listed. You can either view them by clicking on each one separately, or you can choose a group of them and page thru them by just pressing the OK button.

To view a group, do this... Click on the top file of the group that you want to view, and then, while holding down on the SHIFT key, double-click on the bottom file of the group that you want to view. I suggest that you view one whole column at a time. Once again, click on the top object in one column, hold shift, double-click on the bottom object in the column. Now view each object and make a note of it's file name if you decide to add it to your planting set. Press OK to advance to the next one. DO NOT attempt to make any edits or changes to the properties on any of them. This is only for viewing and taking notes.

Hope that helps,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

This might be what you are looking for. You should be able to just view them in Windows Explorer if you set the window view correctly:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=77
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Yes, extracting them from a course with Links Extender creates .TGA files, so you can plant them on a placeholder course (it doesnt even have to be a playable course) and extract from there. You may also be able to find TGA files of them already within APCD > Object > TGAs depending on how they entered your library.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Lez Marwick wrote: August 15th, 2020, 7:38 am This might be what you are looking for. You should be able to just view them in Windows Explorer if you set the window view correctly:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=77
Somewhere along the line I missed this. Didn't even know it existed. That will definitely come in handy! :kicking: Thanks for the tip Lez. :thumbup:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

That was it, Lez. I noted it, and then lost my note! Thanks!

Pete