Hamilton screens

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
braden1308

Hamilton screens

Post by braden1308 »

Here are a few pics of the Hamilton beta, very soon :cheers1:
6.jpg
6.jpg (293.16 KiB) Viewed 906 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (404.5 KiB) Viewed 906 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (420.51 KiB) Viewed 906 times
sagevanni

Re: Hamilton screens

Post by sagevanni »

AWESOME Glenn...... :clapping: :clapping:

Sage....... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Beautiful!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

I love that fairway texture. :thumbup:
Ian%
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Thank you all!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I would love to be a "beterer"...more for the scenery/clubhouse...I promise no 10 foot elevation bitching/nitpicking-and all by PM.
Last edited by Jimbo on May 22nd, 2024, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Sorry Jimbo, lucky to get the course done because of crashes. No clubhouse.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Just out of curiosity, is this the same version Sage started many years ago or is it a new LIDAR/DEM version?

I remember when Sage asked me if I wanted to plant it back in... what, 2020 or something? :laugh: I looked briefly at real pictures of the course and just felt like I didnt have the planting set for this type of course. I dont remember the pictures too well and I dont know the course well, but based on my foggy memory and these screenshots it feels like you really made the course justice! Nice! And good job Jimbo for surviving having waited this long for this course... :laugh:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Adalade, it is from one of linksters dem's that Sage passed on to me. He sent me one that he had started and one he did not touch. I started with Sages version but then was running into problems, so I started fresh and after a while still had problems but finally got it to the point where I could get a beta out. I have had to save well over 500+ times to finish this course, I finally have the APCD stable enough to do more than 30 minutes worth of work at a time but not much more or it will crash on me.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Adelade wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 7:09 am Just out of curiosity, is this the same version Sage started many years ago or is it a new LIDAR/DEM version?

I remember when Sage asked me if I wanted to plant it back in... what, 2020 or something? :laugh: I looked briefly at real pictures of the course and just felt like I didn't have the planting set for this type of course. I don't remember the pictures too well and I don't know the course well, but based on my foggy memory and these screenshots it feels like you really made the course justice! Nice! And good job Jimbo for surviving having waited this long for this course... :laugh:
If only my APCD skills were good enough to allow me to release some "Krap" that I'm stumbling through... :wallbash: I nitpicked Sage's original lo those many years ago and still have the Beta (it actually wasn't bad-the major issue was the clubhouse and lack of tournament objects). The clubhouse needed a "wee bit" of work. :whistle:
One great add (if you're doing tournament objects like St. George's) would be to have the hill on 18 in front of the clubhouse packed with fans like it is in real life...I don't know how long it takes to "plant" a crowd that size...and the PGA seems intent on moving the Canadian Open up on the calendar until they're playing in snow...call it "home club advantage".

I've been looking at the club list and am VERY pleasantly surprised at the amount of great work you have done on the number of Canadian clubs...a while ago I bemoaned the apparent lack of Canadian clubs on the site-apparently I was full of poop...the Canadian count is great-now if only we could only convince Golf Canada to make the Open a little more "Canadian" and less of a "Toronto-Hamilton-Highway House league"! :mad:

The only wee issue was with the Legends of Niagara. Sage did a darn near perfect clubhouse-but he put the US flag out front! :nono: :oops:
How's that for a nitpick? :rofl: