NGLA and Coeur d'Alene

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Big Sexy JC

Re: NGLA and Coeur d'Alene

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Um Pete, Shinnecock Hills is on my list. Already using it.

Oakmont is a great suggestion, but it is being used in my midwest region due to it being closer to Ohio than the east coast. If Oak Hill had a final version it would be a no brainer. TPC River Highlands was used in my replay and it averaged a score of 67.34 in 888 rounds played. I'm using easy pin locations with Mc, Mc conditions so I think it might play too easy, which is why it's not included but I might reconsider. Westchester average 68.51 in 600 rounds played so for the same reasons as TPC River Highlands I was going to avoid it but might reconsider.

I wanted to use the Country Club too, but the pin placements on that course are horrific so I'll never use that course again unless a new version with realistic pin placements comes out or it gets unlocked so we can change the existing pin placements. I really love that course otherwise though. I just think it was done over 20 years ago and is one course that needs a redo, but I digress.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Oops! I didn't read your post very well now did I! How about Harding Park or Black Rock? Or maybe Liberty National Presidents Cup instead of the older Liberty National, of the killer Atlanta Athletic Club Highlands Course, or Peachtree GC. Make those guys work for their score!

Pete
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Pete,

I need Northeast Region. Liberty is already on my list and being used. Harding Park and Black Rock are being used for my west region. AAC and Peachtree are being used for my Southeast Region.

24 Tourneys per year with a rotation of Midwest, Northeast, Southeast, West and International each rotating 12 courses per region. One region "sits out" of the rotation each year. 60 total courses being used, but only 24 per season.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

JC - there's a problem with the long grass on Liberty National that I don't think exists on the Presidents Cup version. Players wind up thrashing in the long grass and can't get out and your computer players could very well get stuck in it. The maximum club that works is a fully-delofted sand wedge, and it only goes 50 yards. Forewarned is forearmed!

Pete
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Big Sexy JC wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 1:54 amOakmont is a great suggestion, but it is being used in my midwest region due to it being closer to Ohio than the east coast.
Aha yeah I actually do similarly with some courses/regions in my own seasons when it fits better (mostly because I use four different courses in most tournaments).
TPC River Highlands was used in my replay and it averaged a score of 67.34 in 888 rounds played.
Im sorry did I read that correctly, you have simulated 888 rounds of computer players on this one single course??? :laugh:
Westchester average 68.51 in 600 rounds played so for the same reasons as TPC River Highlands I was going to avoid it but might reconsider.
Thats valid, I tend to (comparatively) use tougher pins for easier courses to toughen them up, but yea I customly pick the pins myself, the "difficulty" pin settings are almost always unreliable.
I wanted to use the Country Club too, but the pin placements on that course are horrific so I'll never use that course again unless a new version with realistic pin placements comes out or it gets unlocked so we can change the existing pin placements. I really love that course otherwise though.
Completely agree, always such a shame with pin positions holding back what would otherwise be wonderful courses.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

pmgolf wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 12:37 pm JC - there's a problem with the long grass on Liberty National that I don't think exists on the Presidents Cup version. Players wind up thrashing in the long grass and can't get out and your computer players could very well get stuck in it. The maximum club that works is a fully-delofted sand wedge, and it only goes 50 yards. Forewarned is forearmed!

Pete
No problem with the grass there Pete, I made it like that :cheers1:

Glenn
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Glad to know that, Glenn! Once I found the sand wedge shot I didn't have much of a problem. Made hitting the fairway a lot more important for me, though! :yes:

Pete