Getting custom 3D objects into the APCD

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Adelade

Re: Getting custom 3D objects into the APCD

Post by Adelade »

Thanks I will try to resort to that if I cant get it to work on my own end, but the problem is Im expecting to have to go through some trial and error of editing TGA > planting on a test course > checking it out in Links > repeat process a number of times before I get the TGAs looking good enough, because of the low resolution and also mainly what linkster said about the colour depth limitation within Links. So it would be an annoying process for both me and whoever was trying to help me, if having to do it that way. Im primarily hoping we can figure out how I can get it working on my own end, but thanks everyone for the offers.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Adelade wrote: April 13th, 2024, 10:04 am]...]Not sure what else to try... unless you are using the APCD mod (sometimes called the clone tool) linkster? I havent tried that.
bumping my above question to linkster before I give up on trying to import 3D objects with edited TGA
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
linkster

Post by linkster »

Sorry about that Adelade, I didn't notice the question.

Nope, I'm not using the clone tool. I only use the APCD in the .zip file created by Danny D available here. I do have a separate APCD directory for each course I work on but that is not relevant for this conversation.

Are you able to import a 3D object without errors or is it just your edited texture imports? All I can say is that you would have to use Links Extender to remake the .xyz and .map files for each version with a new texture. Likely best to have each altered 3d object in a separate folder when importing.

Here are some low-poly car 3d objects I was able to import. They are very low-poly models, almost cartoon like, but they may be of use for someone. I included all the intermediate files in the editing process.

Car_01.zip
(237.52 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Car_05.zip
(221.85 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Car_07.zip
(236.01 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Car_11.zip
(210.69 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Here is a re-texture of the wood tee. I separated the side and end textures to maybe make it easier for texture colour changes.

3D_WoodTee.zip
(412.41 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Can I get a Zamboni Machine?
Seriously!
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

linkster wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 1:41 am Sorry about that Adelade, I didn't notice the question.

Nope, I'm not using the clone tool. I only use the APCD in the .zip file created by Danny D available here. I do have a separate APCD directory for each course I work on but that is not relevant for this conversation.

Are you able to import a 3D object without errors or is it just your edited texture imports? All I can say is that you would have to use Links Extender to remake the .xyz and .map files for each version with a new texture. Likely best to have each altered 3d object in a separate folder when importing.

Here are some low-poly car 3d objects I was able to import. They are very low-poly models, almost cartoon like, but they may be of use for someone. I included all the intermediate files in the editing process.
Car_01.zip
Car_05.zip
Car_07.zip
Car_11.zip
Here is a re-texture of the wood tee. I separated the side and end textures to maybe make it easier for texture colour changes.
3D_WoodTee.zip
Thank you for your time and effort Linkster. That's a good start on what I had in mind. :notworthy: :thumbup: :cheers1:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added