Links 2003 surface laptop win 10

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Lyleman222

Re: Links 2003 surface laptop win 10

Post by Lyleman222 »

It's really strange the game works when you change screen resolution but when you retry the game again it fails to load very flakey on my system
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I've lost track of what you have already tried or had recommendations about, but one possibility is that you've tried so many different things that some of them are conflicting with eachother, so it might be an idea to try to cleanly uninstall Links and get rid of everything (including the registry entries for Links) and then start over from scratch, and try to only get the minimum of fixes and stuff that you think are most likely to be needed. For example, there are several things that you've probably tried that can have an effect on resolutions - like the registry edit, the wrapper, the Nvidia patch. I might recall wrong but I feel like the wrapper might be necessary in your case? You could try skipping the Nvidia patch (but do get the 1.07 one) and not do anything with the registry.

Sidenote - did you at any point try adding the GPU to the GraphicSettings.txt [Edit: I meant VideoCard.txt] file?
Last edited by Adelade on April 5th, 2024, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Lyleman222

Post by Lyleman222 »

Haha I know tried many things but this is an interesting one regards resolution, is that the videocard.txt fix?
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Ah yes my bad, Videocard.txt
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...