HOLE NUMBERS

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Jimbo

HOLE NUMBERS

Post by Jimbo »

Is it possible to re-route your course by simply changing the hole numbers?
sagevanni

Re: HOLE NUMBERS

Post by sagevanni »

In APCD under "Course Properties" You have a "swap hole number" option. I have never used it so I don't know the purpose or result of using it.

Sage...... :dunno:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Sage, I think that one simply changes which hole you're viewing within the course properties, i.e. it doesnt change the order of the holes.

Jimbo, well, yes and no. You can change the hole order and it isnt that difficult but it also isnt as simple as just swapping them around with a convenient button. You have to delete the hole paths for the holes you want to swap around and re-define their hole paths. This means you can keep the elevations and terrain and trees and such, but you have to re-define the hole paths and replant the tees and pins for the swapped holes. Hole handicaps and hole previews would need to be reassigned too.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Thanks guys-you've convinced me! :scared:
Colin Jones

Post by Colin Jones »

If you use the Hole swap function, of course it re-routes your course. Its very quick and easy once you've sorted out which holes to progressively swap, so you can get the holes in the new preferred order.

I have commenced work on a very famous Australian course which actually has 3 different routes - all routinely used by members or in tournaments. It also includes a 19th hole that serves as the alternate second hole. So I am playing around with which route to actually use. I need to delete a hole to accommodate the inclusion of the 19th hole of course. But other than that, no deletions or the creation of new holes are needed - just swap the existing 18 holes around.
Completed: Golf Club of Houston (Redstone); Banff Springs; Mauna Kea 2024
Working on: Royal Sydney (2024); NSW Golf Club (2024)
gator

Post by gator »

Colin,

Why not just make your plot with all 19 holes, once thay are completed to your satisfaction make multiple copies of the crz with different names - each one a different routing of 18 holes as played by the members and or during tournaments? That way you don't have to decide on one route to use. One plot, all courses played IRL available.

Take a look at Sage's Folson Corners/Flats/Hills, Lower/Upper Swampland, Ocean Park Bronze/Silver/Gold, and Yellowbriar East/West in APCD. That's how he did those.

Just a suggestion,

Leo
Colin Jones

Post by Colin Jones »

Thanks Leo. I think I have a more exciting idea.
Completed: Golf Club of Houston (Redstone); Banff Springs; Mauna Kea 2024
Working on: Royal Sydney (2024); NSW Golf Club (2024)
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Colin Jones wrote: March 1st, 2024, 3:33 am If you use the Hole swap function, of course it re-routes your course. Its very quick and easy once you've sorted out which holes to progressively swap, so you can get the holes in the new preferred order.
Which function? Can you describe how to get it to work?

Edit: Nevermind, I got the "Swap Hole With" in Course Properties to work, ignore my earlier message.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...