Graphic card problem

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
btlz2000

Graphic card problem

Post by btlz2000 »

So I spent the better part of a day yesterday trying to figure out how to fix the graphic problem I'm having with Links 2003. My AMD Radeon card is not working properly in the game. Images are ghosting, and the display is bad.
I've searched online for the fixes, including adding my card to the Videocard.txt file without success. I recall being able to fix this display problem in the past.
Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? I installed the latest Links 2003 patch.

Darren
Adelade

Re: Graphic card problem

Post by Adelade »

Have you installed the Nvidia patch? Pretty sure its said to often fix issues for non-Nvidia cards too. Can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
btlz2000

Post by btlz2000 »

Yes. I have installed the nvidia patch, as well as the 1.07 patch. Still having the problem
I made sure I had the latest video card driver installed. The screen while playing golf is still "ghosting", which really means the display is bad. I fixed this at one point in time, but now I can't remember how.

Darren
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

The display is functioning perfectly outside of Links? If so yea that sounds odd to me. I cant think of anything right now, maybe test different graphics settings within Links like windowed mode/full screen mode, different resolutions. Hopefully someone else will know something. If its a laptop check out this thread if you havent already seen it: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12&hilit=display

Are you able to show a screenshot or video of what the "ghosting" looks like?
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Oh and maybe review the settings under the compatibility tab in properties for the LinksLauncher.exe or LinksMMIII.exe
btlz2000

Post by btlz2000 »

That did it. Thanks Adelade.
It clicked in my brain when you suggested I change some graphic settings inside Links. I set the display to 32 bit mode, and voila. It works now,

Thanks again

Darren