MAGNOLIA PARK

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Jimbo

MAGNOLIA PARK

Post by Jimbo »

Mygawd John! How many courses do you have "In the hopper!!!!!
Are you part of the "Sage Conspiracy" that I've mentioned?
Or is it the other way around?😉

Anyway on a serious note...was it just because of the virus that it closed?
Remember that you've seen British courses come "Back from the Dead".
I didn't intend for that last comment in any other way than as a serious question so please hold any angry comments.
Jimbo

Re: MAGNOLIA PARK

Post by Jimbo »

I just played a round-beautiful course-as usual from JB. It's not a links style but part of a hotel complex...that has been captured nicely. :thumbup:
Are they going to redevelop the land or is there a chance...when/if things get back to normal? It would be a shame to lose it.
It plays to a Par 73 but the 9th hole could be "adjusted" without much trouble.

II have a couple of "routing" issues but I'll get to it after Mathern...

How many other gems are on your drawing board? Just wondering... :cheers1:
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Thanks Jimbo. Real Golf's a total washout at the moment, so more time at the PC!

Dunno about Magnolia Park closing - could be that Covid was the last straw - but at the moment in the UK there are still too many golf courses and not enough golfers - a lot of courses were built about the time when Faldo/Woosnam/Lyle/Langer and Seve were winning everything - now times have changed and the upcoming generation seems to spend more time on their phones and just see golf as a complete and more and more expensive day taken up timewise.

How about the Royal Household 9-hole (18-tee) course at Windsor Castle? :pcwhack:

Cheers

John Brooks
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

brooks2345 wrote: December 18th, 2020, 4:34 pm Thanks Jimbo. Real Golf's a total washout at the moment, so more time at the PC!

Dunno about Magnolia Park closing - could be that Covid was the last straw - but at the moment in the UK there are still too many golf courses and not enough golfers - a lot of courses were built about the time when Faldo/Woosnam/Lyle/Langer and Seve were winning everything - now times have changed and the upcoming generation seems to spend more time on their phones and just see golf as a complete and more and more expensive day taken up timewise.

How about the Royal Household 9-hole (18-tee) course at Windsor Castle? :pcwhack:

Cheers

John Brooks
Are you threatening??? :fear:
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Nope 1/2 done :pcwhack: