Peachtree Golf Club Beta

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Ian Wells

Peachtree Golf Club Beta

Post by Ian Wells »

I have just asked Andy to place Peachtree Golf Club in the course folder.

Peachtree Golf Club, located in Atlanta, Georgia, is ranked No. 30 on Golf Digest's America's 100 Greatest Golf Courses of 2019-20. The course was designed by Bobby Jones and Robert Trent Jones and opened in 1948.

This is a Beta version and I would like to ask all players to have a round or two and let me know of any faults, or suggestions to improve the course. (There are 2400 mappings so there will be faults.)

I would like to thank Lez Marwick for making APCD From Start To Finish, and for providing most of the textures associated with this course, (I have changed the colouring.)

The trees come from unknown courses that I have imported and I would like to than Daniel for the trees/bushes I used.

I hope you enjoy playing this course and look forward (?) to your comments.

Hole 16 does not have the fourth tee as the distance is too short, according to APCD. If you play a round and select the Boys or Ladies tee, hole 16 will play from the back tee.

Ian
screen0070.jpg
screen0070.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 3911 times
screen0072.jpg
screen0072.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 3911 times
screen0073.jpg
screen0073.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 3911 times
screen0076.jpg
screen0076.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 3911 times
Ian Wells

Re: Peachtree Golf Club Beta

Post by Ian Wells »

Some further screen shots:
screen0079.jpg
screen0079.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 3909 times
screen0087.jpg
screen0087.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 3909 times
screen0098.jpg
screen0098.jpg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 3909 times
screen0112.jpg
screen0112.jpg (921.01 KiB) Viewed 3909 times
Ian
Pete

Post by Pete »

Looking forward to it Ian
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Awesome job Ian.....!!!!!!

Sage..... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

Ian,

I've had no notification from WeTransfer yet so I can't get the zipfile.

Here are the relevant steps you need to follow.
On the WeTransfer home page either sign up or log in to your free account or just click 'No thanks'.
Choose the file(s) you wish to upload by clicking the blue plus sign, enter upload@linkscorner.org as the friends email address, enter your own email address and in the message box put the course name.
Now click 'Transfer'.
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

looks great! lots of elevation, did you do a clubhouse and hole previews? will give it a test round. :thumbup:
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Ian,
I just played a full round on Peachtree using the course settings for green speed and hardness. Breezy conditions, and "random" pin selections.
It's a VERY nice course. Some of the greens ended up being pretty challenging, and the overall look and playability of the course was excellent. In my
opinion, it appeared to have "shades" of Augusta to the overall look. Well groomed, and classy. I also thought that the very large "tiered" style of some of the fringes around the greens was a unique feature. I'm not really sure what you might be able to improve upon.....except maybe a nice 3D clubhouse to complete the look. Well done, sir !
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Ian...it's officially Number 2 on my list-right behind Sunningdale...I delayed Brooksie's St. Mirren.

I'll be picking real soon!

That didn't sound right...
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Sage,
Thank you.

dorse72
The hole previews are complete. In my opinion the course is complete, but as I previously mentioned with so many mappings the odds are that some are not correct. The more people who play the course will see things that I have not seen.

Weeler
I'm happy that you enjoyed the round.
I understand that Bobby Jones wanted to emulate the feeling of Augusta.

As for the clubhouse, it is there but it is only visible from the eighteenth green when putting from the left hand side of the green. It is also in shadow, which helps it disappear. It is not a particularly distinguished clubhouse on the side facing the course. The main part and old part actually can not be seen from the course. Here is the link to some excellent photos of the course and if you scroll to the end you can see the original clubhouse. https://www.davesansom.com/peachtreegc

Ian
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Jimbo,
Thank you.
Ian