Panorama from Goggle Earth

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Stephen Sullivan

Panorama from Goggle Earth

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Is it possible to make a panorama using Google Earth? Need to make one for Close House, but it could be difficult as the course slopes quite a lot, with the main view being along the southern edge in APCD.
sagevanni

Re: Panorama from Goggle Earth

Post by sagevanni »

It can be done with a lot of trial and error. Try different locations and heights.....sometimes it's high res enough to be good....other times not so......Good luck.

Sage..... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Stephen Sullivan

Looks like it might be a good enough resolution. Just need to be in the right frame of mind to take all the screenies and paste them together :naughty:
Stephen Sullivan

Tried a couple of times to get the images from GE. My hand just isn't steady enough to get a series of level views I can stitch together to then resize :surrender: May have a look at a few I have saved to see if they are a good enough fit.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Stephen Sullivan wrote: August 26th, 2020, 10:13 pm Tried a couple of times to get the images from GE. My hand just isn't steady enough to get a series of level views I can stitch together to then resize :surrender: May have a look at a few I have saved to see if they are a good enough fit.
Hi Stephen. I don't see how you will be able to get a PANO for Close House on GE. It doesn't have 3D terrain. All you can capture are flat images. No contour. :sad:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Stephen Sullivan

I'm sure I had Terrain ticked and noticed a difference. Managed to get several pictures that looked usable, but my hand just isn't steady enough to move around accurately so they can be stitched together.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I have made one or two Panoramas using Google Earth I usually take a full snapshot move along then take another and so on.I stitched them in Photoshop.If it is just hillsides you want you can get them in abundance no problem,easy to stitch together,then shade them in.I think I got some of the Palm trees I used and cut out from Google Earth in The Creek at Dubai.It is very handy for getting objects like Trees and Bushes if you can zoom in and get the sky behind them.
hill.png
hill.png (238.36 KiB) Viewed 3806 times
SnapCrab_Picturel.jpg
SnapCrab_Picturel.jpg (109.55 KiB) Viewed 3802 times
Last edited by Daniel on August 27th, 2020, 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen Sullivan

I think the main issue (other than an unsteady hand, and lack of Photoshop skills) is that the course is on a south facing slope, so the south view is quite a bit lower than the rest (over 200 feet).
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Stephen Sullivan wrote: August 27th, 2020, 10:59 pm I think the main issue (other than an unsteady hand, and lack of Photoshop skills) is that the course is on a south facing slope, so the south view is quite a bit lower than the rest (over 200 feet).
Stephen, where is that course located? Can you tell me either the town name, or provide the GE co-ordinance? :unsure: I want to make sure I looked at the same course as you.

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Stephen Sullivan

The course is called Close House. The nearest village is Heddon-on-the-Wall.