Fixing a Tilted Fairway...

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
wojo

Fixing a Tilted Fairway...

Post by wojo »

I'm asking how anyone with terrain modification experience might try to fix the side to side slope of this fairway. I remember this hole from playing it several years ago, and it does slope... but this looks a little ridiculous at the moment. I've outlined a couple of possibilities for fixing it in the attached image. (I know I need to level the lake... just haven't gotten there yet.)

Thanks.
Wojo
Attachments
Fix Hole 10 Slope.jpg
Fix Hole 10 Slope.jpg (329.23 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
wojo

Re: Fixing a Tilted Fairway...

Post by wojo »

I grabbed the fairway, bunkers, and green for that hole and tried the TILT command (that I hadn't seen before). I managed to tilt it closer to what I remembered it to be... keeping the right edge (by the pond) at the same level it was. After tilting, I then had a steep cliff to the left of the fairway.
I dragged that downward in chunks after capturing several sets of vertex points. The hillside looks like hell from a distance, but it'll all be hidden by tall fir trees... so maybe I've now got it close enough. Let me know if you have a better strategy for tilting fairways and hillsides.

Thanks.
Wojo