Multi player connection

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
oilers

Multi player connection

Post by oilers »

How do I connect with a friend ? Do I need to open any ports or anything on my anti virus or firewall ? We both have our ip addresses but cannot hook up.
Thanks for any help
Danny D

Re: Multi player connection

Post by Danny D »

oilers wrote: April 20th, 2020, 2:51 am How do I connect with a friend ? Do I need to open any ports or anything on my anti virus or firewall ? We both have our ip addresses but cannot hook up.
Thanks for any help
Everyone says a program called "Game Ranger" is the best way to hook up. Never used it myself, so can't offer any any more advice than that. From what I hear it's like the old Kali servers. Google it. I'm sure you can learn all you need to know about it.

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Blade

Post by Blade »

You both need to have the following ports opened on you modems to play Links multiplayer online.

Links
TCP 2300-2400, 47624
UDP 2300-2400, 6073

Good Luck
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Gowoods wrote: April 20th, 2020, 3:17 am You both need to have the following ports opened on you modems to play Links multiplayer online.

Links
TCP 2300-2400, 47624
UDP 2300-2400, 6073

Good Luck
Hi Gowoods. Is this only when trying to hook up direct via TCP-IP? If you hook up thru the Gaming server is it still necessary to open those ports?

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Blade

Post by Blade »

A good question Dan, to be honest I can't remember if you have to open those Ports to use Game Ranger or not it's so long ago since I joined, but you do if you want to play online from within the Game using direct connection.

Cheers
David
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Gowoods wrote: April 20th, 2020, 4:24 am A good question Dan, to be honest I can't remember if you have to open those Ports to use Game Ranger or not it's so long ago since I joined, but you do if you want to play online from within the Game using direct connection.

Cheers
David
Thanks David. I haven't messed with any game servers for Links since way back in the early years. Seems to me from what I've heard, the game servers do all that for you so you don't have to open any ports. I think they might open the ports for you when you log in, and then close them when you leave. But then it was hear-say. My online partner and I both had static IP's, so we lucked out and didn't need to open any ports. :smile:

Dan
Completed Courses