So many courses...so much time?

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Jimbo

Re: So many courses...so much time?

Post by Jimbo »

Hi again:

When you say that the St. George (the greatest clubhouse in golf) is "Roughed In", how "Rough" do you mean? Before I moved to the Island (after a lifetime in Toronto) I took quite a few pics of the "Castle on Islington". There has been a bit of lobbying for Lambton and Weston (with or without that ugly railroad bridge!)
I'm also thrilled to see that somebody is "doing the Cabots". I never thought I'd see them.
As I told Sage, I'm a little old and a "lot" impatient to work APCD but if you're looking for somebody to send you a truckload of raw material for "Canadian Clubs" :tongue: you know where to look! :notworthy:
Shaughnessy and Capilano come to mind... :naughty:
I'm out on the Island, but as you can guess we won't be going to the mainland any time soon. Jack designed a couple of courses just north of Victoria-one of them hosted the seniors-I went to see them but unless you have a cart you're not going to make it! :fear:

And in reply to your original request...consider me officially told! :tongue:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

72Animal wrote: April 10th, 2020, 2:40 pm Hi Danny, that's exactly the muppet it refers to! Comes from my soccer playing days as a kid, I was always a little intense. The 3d houses are ones I build myself. The ones in game are too limited for what I need. I build and texture my own, although most of the textures I use have been created by other people. On Royal Liverpool, I've done over 30 houses or buildings plus the clubhouse. The detail is determined by how the house is viewed from the course.
If you've never used the really nice 3D houses in the 2001 planting set, you will find them pretty high-detailed, and they work really well as houses in subdivisions, such as the neighborhood homes surrounding or running through my Wakonda Club and National GC of Kansas City. I only hand build the buildings and structures that are exclusive to the course, such as clubhouses, starting shacks, maintenance buildings, bridges, walls etc. The surrounding 3D homes come from the planting set.

Here ya go. Since you may be here a while, you might as well make yourself easier for us to see on the forums. :smile: Here's a profile picture for you. Since you are free and eager to work on courses again, we'll call you "Animal UNCHAINED" :rofl:

Dan :cheers1:

https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/download/ ... iew&id=430
Attachments
animal.jpg
animal.jpg (5.67 KiB) Viewed 4462 times
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Howdy: Depending how far along on St. George have a huge pantload off files that I originally sent to Sage.
I still have them if you're interested.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

BTW upon further review I found that the Shaughnessy couse in Vancouver already exists...but there's still Capillano! :smile: :smile: :smile:
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Hi Jimbo, love the Carleton Ravens symbol for your avatar! I actually have a file with Capilano! It's only the aerial photo on a dead flat course surface; safe to call it only a 'start' and nothing else. I think I'm good for material on St Georges, unless the pics would be at the right angle (flat I guess) for me to take textures for the clubhouse? Hope you're enjoying spring out West. We had snow 2 of the last 4 days here in Ottawa.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I'm sure that you agree that the Birds are the second best basketball team in Canada. I was the timekeeper and announcer during th3 70's (our "Official's Table" had three seats) and the coach, believe it or not was former Roughrider Bob O'billovich (he had been a 2-sport athlete in his younger years). The team was good but...
They come out here once in awhile for the UVIC invitational and the Vancouver Island Assoc. (yes we have one) comes out to support the team-and I like to make a spectacle.
Thanks to the internet we can catch OUAA basketball out here. The Ravens are the only team to win a championship this season.
I guess that means we can cheer WE'RE NUMBER ONE!

Back to the topic-I'm chomping at the bit. If you want a tester I think Sage can vouch for me. There are a couple of worthwhile courses-Nicklaus here on the island-I followed the Seniors last year-it's painful to walk. There's also Capilano on the north shore of Vancouver.

Thanks to the ever-evolving visual development in computer technology it's becoming a little easier to get "close ups>!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi SMC:

I saw the word "Capilano" and nearly had a heart attack-which would be a bad thing since I wouldn't be able to play it!

BTW-a couple of additional things about the Ravens:

1. There are flocks out here-they should have re-named the UVIC team!
2. The legendary "White Raven" really does exist. I have seen more than one.

I you ever think of "Bear Mountain" (either the "Mountain" or "Valley") keep it in mind! :naughty:

In the meantime-back to work on St. George and Capilano-if you'd like a "previewer" give me a shout!
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

I have been spending quite a bit of time on Liverpool since completing the Chambers pano for Sage. I'm hoping to get that out first. I'm aiming to have Hamilton and Abu Dhabi out after that. Jimbo...I may ship you a version of St Georges to play some rounds on. Do you care what state it's in in order to test it?
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I don't care if the greens are purple! :clapping:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Again:

After all these years I've missed something obvious:

The official name is ST. GEORGE'S GOLF AND COUNTRY CLUB

They couldn't put the apostrophe on their website. :oops: :fear: :wallbash:

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... egUIARCuAQ