Looking for testers

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Colin Jones

Looking for testers

Post by Colin Jones »

In the next few days, I will be releasing a new course. It is built from a Linkster 3M DEM and is an upgrade to one of the original Links championship courses, Would like to keep its identity under wraps until its final release here.

"Back in the day", at another site, some courses were firstly given to a select group of "testers" via a locked private forum. They were generally Links players, not designers necessarily, and their job was not to find faults but to provide the type of constructive criticism that perhaps you might be reluctant to give to a designer in a public forum.

I would like to go retro and try to do something similar here, where the pre-release feedback about my course would be via PM to me here at LC.

Not sure there is any interest at all in playing an advanced copy of my course - and needing to give some written feedback in return, But if there is, in the interest of making my course as good as it can be, then I would like to give it a go.

So if you are interested being part of the group, please PM me. Be assured that you won't get an alpha or even a beta, I intend to distribute the planned finished product to the testers. I am thrilled with how it looks and would like to think that it's a course of very good quality.

Oh - finally - would love to get some newer faces onboard if at all possible too!

Hope I am not asking too much.

Regards, Colin
Completed: Golf Club of Houston (Redstone); Banff Springs; Mauna Kea 2024
Working on: Royal Sydney (2024); NSW Golf Club (2024)
Jimbo

Re: Looking for testers

Post by Jimbo »

Do you mean Nit-Picker?
I'm not a tekkie but you know what I do...
GLF#44

Post by GLF#44 »

would like to test your new course. Thanks
Ben Jammin

Post by Ben Jammin »

I'd be honored... count me in :thumbup:
Colin Jones

Post by Colin Jones »

Thanks Ben Jammin and GLF#44 and for those kind folks who PMed me. Some lovely feedback about my past efforts (few-and-far-between they may be tho!), so that's always nice to hear too. : :clapping:

I have a good team assembled, more than I might have thought. If anyone is late to the party and wants "in", just let me know.
Completed: Golf Club of Houston (Redstone); Banff Springs; Mauna Kea 2024
Working on: Royal Sydney (2024); NSW Golf Club (2024)
g3b

Post by g3b »

I would also like to be a tester for your course. Will use computer players & myself. Looking forward to give it a shot!

Thanks,
g3b :clapping: