Barrens Upper Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
ChuckH

Barrens Upper Course

Post by ChuckH »

I tried Mark Lemond's new course without much luck. His courses have promise but have problems. This time, the cup disappeared on hole 2 in close up view. It then crashed to desktop on hole 3 three times in a row. I made it to hole 4 on the fourth try but crashed again to desk top. It's a beta so maybe can be fixed.
jwgriffingca

Re: Barrens Upper Course

Post by jwgriffingca »

I played all 18 holes, didn't have any issues with crashes or disappearing cups. He did mention in the notes on the download page for the previous version of the beta that he had ticked the box of death (allow non-regulation fairways) so that would likely explain the disappearing cup issue. Crashes might be related to the reflective water, as there are little ponds scattered throughout.

I thought this was a pretty solid course. The hole designs are interesting and fun, although a little more variety in the hazard design would be welcome - thinking of the "church pew" style mounds lining the fairways on the back nine once it transitions to par 4s. And many of the greens are dead flat, adding a little contour would be a nice upgrade for the final.

John