Anyone using discrete intel graphics cards?

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
g3b

Anyone using discrete intel graphics cards?

Post by g3b »

Hello, Is anyone here using the discrete intel video cards to play/install links. Just wondering about your experience with card/drivers on windows 10/11.

Thanks,
g3b :cheers1:
pmgolf

Re: Anyone using discrete intel graphics cards?

Post by pmgolf »

Is that the same as the "onboard graphics" card on a laptop that everyone has so much trouble with? The solution, I believe, is something called [name concealed to avoid a search engine from finding it] v followed by 2 "o"s and a d also followed by those 2 letters. There is a sticky note on this forum:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=788

Pete
g3b

Post by g3b »

No actually it would be like an Intel ARC 750.
Thanks,
g3b :smile:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Ok, G3b, I asked Google about it. I hadn't ever heard about it. I can't see how it plugs into the motherboard, or even if it does, so I don't know if it's for laptops or desktops or both. I hope you can get it to work, but the latest and greatest don't always work with older software like Links. The most successful option most have to resort to is to get an older PC and use it for Links. Good luck!

Also, here is the latest I've seen on this issue:

https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-gr ... phicscards

Pete
g3b

Post by g3b »

This is a link to the card---
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/be ... ,4380.html

sincerely,
g3b
john_iv

Post by john_iv »

The ARC cards had some issues w/ early DirectX games, which Links2K3 is, when they were launched. The drivers have improved considerably since then, but there haven't been any reports of attempting to run Links 2003 on them that I've seen. It's pretty niche as you'd imagine.