AI Generated assets for APCD

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Lez Marwick

AI Generated assets for APCD

Post by Lez Marwick »

I was watching a YouTube video recently on AI generated art programs and was amazed at was was being produced. It seems like it may be the ideal way to create trees, bushes, etc for APCD.
Has anyone experimented with Dall-E, Midjourney or Stable Diffusion, and tried to create easily maskable 2D objects with them?
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
Colin Jones

Re: AI Generated assets for APCD

Post by Colin Jones »

Didn't know about it until I read your post Lez. The whole "text-to-image" thing looks amazing, so I will explore a little more.

I subscribe to Adobe Photos online now. It's about $70 AUS/month (and I am committed for a year), so its an investment in my APCD hobby, But it gives me access to millions of images. Alot of the images are already in .PNG alpha/transparent format (that may or may not need to be tidied-up). Many others are already isolated on white backgrounds, so very easily maskable if you need to do so yourself.

For my subscription, I get 25 free images per month but I seem to get alot of extra free stuff too. About half of the images I download are collections, so for one image I might get 10 trees - all in hi-res format. Hey, very cool to be able to get 6-10 versions of the same flowering shrub. I think I might be the first designer to be able to develop a realistic looking hedge (from all angles) in the APCD!

Once I have released the courses, I will probably post a link to all the new .tga images created, here at LC. Probably will end up being hundreds of them by then - trees, plants, carts, wildlife, cars, boats. etc. Not sure that is within my image-license rules, but I have some confidence that Adobe are not policing LC.

Thanks for the heads-up. I feel we have already lost control of AI...............
Completed: Golf Club of Houston (Redstone); Banff Springs; Mauna Kea 2024
Working on: Royal Sydney (2024); NSW Golf Club (2024)