Sand Hollow golf course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
sagevanni

Sand Hollow golf course

Post by sagevanni »

Hi folks,
A few shots of my progress. Very rudimentary at this time but it's coming along. It took me a while to get textures and other decisions down but I think I have it.
SH-1.JPG
SH-1.JPG (186.32 KiB) Viewed 2656 times
SH-2.JPG
SH-2.JPG (178.64 KiB) Viewed 2656 times
SH-3.JPG
SH-3.JPG (115.59 KiB) Viewed 2656 times
SH-4.JPG
SH-4.JPG (123.55 KiB) Viewed 2656 times
Sage..... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
braden1308

Re: Sand Hollow golf course

Post by braden1308 »

Looks good Sage, the desert color looks like it could be turned down a notch or two though, a more earthy color perhaps, Just my 5 cents worth (inflation you know)
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Thanks Glenn,
We'll see what it looks like after planting. I think that might calm the colors down a bit.

Sage....... :cheers1:
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

good grief Sage, you have ADD worse than my son! I have some leftover meds I can send you :tongue: I dont know how you do all this so fast, unreal. looks like Grand Canyon area where I've been a couple times, I was imagining a golf course there while visiting I think, so beautiful and rugged.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Dorse72................... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have "too much time on my hands" as the song goes................. :rofl:

Sage....... :cheers1:
fiver

Post by fiver »

Sage,

To much time :naughty: Heh. Where's Tot Hill?

Fiver :cheers1:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Tot Hill to do it right has A LOT of detail........A LOT of detail. I have the basics down. I needed a break. It's mind taxing. :rofl:

Sage....... :smile: :cheers1: :smile: :cheers1:
fiver

Post by fiver »

Keep up the great work, Sage. Tot Hill is taxing when you play it for real. By the way, I've been playing a fun tournament on Tobacco Road with all of Sexy's Ani's. This course never ceases to amaze me. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :cheers1:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Here is a "beta" of Sand Hollow for those interested in testing it. Danny D. did the awesome pano.

On my system one particular plant changes at a distance. Does anyone know what causes this APCD anomaly?

Please send your test feedback to my email...........sagevanni2010@hotmail.com............Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/pjn6zoaj ... 6902a&dl=0

Sage........ :cheers1:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

sagevanni wrote: September 24th, 2023, 7:15 pm Here is a "beta" of Sand Hollow for those interested in testing it. Danny D. did the awesome pano.

On my system one particular plant changes at a distance. Does anyone know what causes this APCD anomaly?

Sage........ :cheers1:
Yes. That particular plant has been corrupted. Each 2D object that is created must be imported into the planting set. When you do the import, the planting set software creates a "BTX" file. A BTX file is similar to a ZIP file, in that it contains multiple images of the 2D object. There are usually 4 or 5 of these images and they are different in size/resolution. The purpose for this is so as you move different distances away from the object, it will display pictures that you can see from greater distances. If you have one that changes to a completely different image, then that BTX file is corrupt and it contains some different pictures all mixed together. Unfortunately, that file cannot be fixed and needs to be deleted and replaced with a different object.

BTX files are special compressed files (like zip files) and can only be opened, viewed or created by software that is written to use it. Links planting sets just happens to be one of the programs that uses BTX files, and you can extract them with the Links Extender and view the compressed pictures. If you know what the name of the file is, you could extract the files with the extender, and then view them. If so you would see mixed images inside when what you SHOULD see is the same exact picture in multiple resolutions.

I suppose you might try to locate that same file in a different planting set and try to overwrite, or update the corrupt one on your course.

Good luck,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added