Crooked Stick Final

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
OllieW

Re: Crooked Stick Final

Post by OllieW »

Great course, thanks Ian!
Pete

Post by Pete »

Beautiful work thanks Ian
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

migolfer wrote: September 2nd, 2023, 3:15 pm That's quite a party going on in the outdoor area.
Like the attention to detail. I wonder how many folks who download this course go looking around in some of these areas?
I generally do not, but since you mentioned it...

party.png
Hmmm! :rofl:

You have officially outdone yourself and have set the the bar to a whole new level. Sincere best wishes in trying to top it! :clapping: :clapping: :notworthy:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Ollie and Pete
Thank you. I hope you enjoy playing the course.

Jimbo
Sincere best wishes in trying to top it!
I can but try, but no promises. :helpsmilie: :whistle:
Thank you.

Gentlemen, thank you for your comments. :tiphat:

Ian
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Absolute top notch work mate. :clapping:

While everyones personal taste is different, to me the colours and textures compliment each other perfectly and combine to make it a stunning visual experience.

Anyone with any experience with the APCD will appreciate the extra miles me ol' pommie mate has gone to here. So much fiddly, frustrating stuff and to acheive a final result where the APCD work is as precise and clean as you would hope for is a stunning achievment.

The real winner for me though is the fact that Ian has incorporated a picture of his actual driver showing it's condition after a round at his local into the course logo, excellent stuff mate... :clapping: :smile: :smile:

:cheers1:
T
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Todd, thank you very much your generous comments, they are very much appreciated. :tiphat:
his actual driver showing it's condition after a round at his local into the course
:yes:

Nowadays, a driver of that design would most probably be the only chance I would have of hitting the ball. :surrender: :yes:

Again, thank you.

:cheers1:

Ian
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

Thanks for the acknowledgement Ian. It's always nice to know that things you create are of use and provide enjoyment to others. I think that's what drives many APCD users to persist in spite of all the problems!

I wish I could get back into playing Links again but I've been unable to find the motivation to play golf games since my brother's death in 2018. When I was last working with APCD a couple of years ago I used AI players for all my testing, but it wasn't the same and the old enthusiasm just wasn't there anymore. It's good to see that there are a few designers like you though that are still creating new courses for people after all this time!!! :tiphat:
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Moevio wants his flag :wallbash: .....awesome course....flag = blank :wallbash:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

The flag is fine.......has a crooked stick logo on it...............

Sage.......
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Morvio100,
When you next have an approach to the green, select Spot Pin and you will see that the flag is not blank. I noted in the readme that I thanked Sage for the flag.
Moevio wants his flag :wallbash: .....awesome course....piss poor eyesight :wallbash: :
:oops:

Ian