Cape Kidnappers

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
sagevanni

Re: Cape Kidnappers

Post by sagevanni »

Todd................. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have taken care of all the noted issues. O.B. added throughout the course in places required by "ME" since no other reference to O.B. can be found.
I added green fringes.
I changed the wind direction to come from the ocean and changed the frequency of direction change to 30% and made the default speed 20mph.

Anything else brought to my attention in a week or so I will address and then release a fix.

Am in the process of planting Ballyhack and it's turning out nice.

Sage.......
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

This course is awesome. 15th green. only 161 yards down.
Attachments
fifteenth.jpg
fifteenth.jpg (203.7 KiB) Viewed 2035 times
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Ian Wells wrote: September 8th, 2023, 8:05 am I was also blown away by the detail and quality of the hole previews, wonderful.
Bar one issue that I dare not mention for fear of being howled down and accused of nit-picking... :smile: :smile: They are indeed very well done.

:cheers1:
T
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

PM me with that issue Todd................I'll make sure it gets into the right hands....... :cheers1:

Sage...... :rofl:
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

Sage,
You might check out these spots in close up view:
holes 4 and 8 from the the forward tees and junior tees - bushes in front of the tee boxs
hole 14 from the junior tees - bushes in front
hole 6 from the ladies tees - bushes in front
to a lesser extent, hole 11 from the middle tees - bushes in front
Chuck
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I saw them, ChuckH, but I hit over them with no problem. What was your experience with them?

Pete
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Thanks Chuck, I'll look into that..................

Sage........ :cheers1:
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

I saw all those same plantings that you need to "hit over", and that obstruct one's view.....but there are a lot of courses with "blind" tee shots, so I basically thought that was Doak's intention, and that Sage was just following the design. I, also, don't care for obstructed views, BUT if one can actually hit over them....it'll work.

Otherwise, Sage( and Leo ), once again you've rendered a spectacular real course. New Zealand courses seem to be so dramatic and include really nice "vistas" as you play a round. I know this is a "final version", but I'm just gonna mention that the only texture that didn't "do it" for me, was the choice for the ocean color/texture. Seems a little "washed out" or light colored. Of course that's just my opinion. Otherwise....love the course !!

Ron :thumbup:
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

pmgolf wrote: September 8th, 2023, 6:10 pm I saw them, ChuckH, but I hit over them with no problem. What was your experience with them?

Pete
I was able to hit over or around them, I guess, but I'm not a fan of a blind tee shot, especially if it's not a blind tee shot from other tee boxes on the same hole. If that's the way it is in real life then so be it. I was just pointing it out if it was overlooked. One hole is a par 3 and you can't even see the green from the tee. What are you supposed to do, walk around the bushes to see where the green, flag or fairway is? In Links you can use the panorama view to help which is why I said in close up view. Just my opinion, this is fabulous course. Not trying to be argumentative here.
Chuck
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Due to major problems using custom textures for the ocean - being 300 odd feet below the course, I had to use a stock ocean texture and modify the pano to match the stock texture as best I could. It was the only one I could get it to look half way decent.

Thanks Ron.............. :cheers1:

Sage...... :cheers1: