Potential APCD conflicts

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Duck Hook

Potential APCD conflicts

Post by Duck Hook »

Hi all, again

My dilemma is that I want to load an earlier course into the APCD to inspect some mappings and objects because I can't remember how I made them. ( this was 12 years ago )
This earlier course was created before I merged the 2 object libraries so I was wondering if this could lead to issues. I don't want to do anything, just inspect some things. I can't see it being a problem, just want to see what others might think.

:cheers1:
T

Edit... I am not concerned about the user lib file or whatever it is called as the textures used are still in my APCD and have not been modified in any way. I am concerned if this will cause any issues with my object library or planting sets.

Thanks
T
Danny D

Re: Potential APCD conflicts

Post by Danny D »

Duck Hook wrote: August 11th, 2023, 4:09 am Hi all, again

My dilemma is that I want to load an earlier course into the APCD to inspect some mappings and objects because I can't remember how I made them. ( this was 12 years ago )
This earlier course was created before I merged the 2 object libraries so I was wondering if this could lead to issues. I don't want to do anything, just inspect some things. I can't see it being a problem, just want to see what others might think.

T
If you want to be able to see all of the 3D objects that your course may contain, you need to open it in an APCD with both object libraries merged. If the 3D items are of no concern to what you are "inspecting", and you don't intend to manipulate any planted 2D or 3D objects, then I don't think it will matter IF all you are doing is looking.

I would be sure to delete the "user.lib" on the APCD that you are using and make sure you only look at a copy of your course and don't take a chance with the original CRZ.

Hope that helps, :cheers1:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Duck Hook

Re: Potential APCD conflicts

Post by Duck Hook »

Thanks Dan.
The objects I want to inspect are custom made from terrain. ie, some benches, posts, rope. Nothing that has been planted.
Just didn't know if there was a potential for issues. As you say, I am only looking. I wont be manipulating anything, so I can't see a problem

Probably will open a copy in a fresh user.lib just to be sure on that front.

Thanks mate
T