Tara Iti and Cape Kidnappers

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
linkster

Tara Iti and Cape Kidnappers

Post by linkster »

Just giving everyone an update that I have both Tara Iti and Cape Kidnappers in the APCD. I have not passed on the files to the perspective designers but that will soon happen.

Still working on Tara Iti to get the green shapes right. Couldn't find a good Google Earth image that has clarity of the green shapes but the New Zealand LINZ data service has some of the best quality GIS data I have worked with. I'm comparing the elevation contour lines and the satellite imagery in QGIS to define the green shapes as best as I can.

Both of these courses are high in the ranking lists out there but after having a closer look at them they are true jems! It will be a good day when these courses get finished!

Tara Iti 01.jpg
Tara Iti 01.jpg (230.02 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
Tara Iti 02.jpg
Tara Iti 02.jpg (288.26 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
Tara Iti 03.jpg
Tara Iti 03.jpg (323.58 KiB) Viewed 1013 times

Cape Kidnappers 01.jpg
Cape Kidnappers 01.jpg (371.94 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
Cape Kidnappers 02.jpg
Cape Kidnappers 02.jpg (370.93 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
Cape Kidnappers 03.jpg
Cape Kidnappers 03.jpg (361.05 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
Duck Hook

Re: Tara Iti and Cape Kidnappers

Post by Duck Hook »

Exciting stuff mate. I always found the lack of clarity for the greens the biggest off-putting factor.

Once again, thank you for the incredible work you do for us designers and the Links community in general.

:cheers1:
T
fiver

Post by fiver »

Linkster,

Can you find elevation of Tot Hill Farms Golf Course. Another one of Mike Strantz design,

Fiver :cheers1:
linkster

Post by linkster »

Yes Tot Hill Farm can be done. I got the elevation data from the same source as Tobacco Road and Pinehurst. It's a little dated from 2015 and in an odd pixel size of 3.125 ft but I can do Tot Hill Farm. Do you have a designer in mind who could finish it for you?
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

HHOOOOLLLYYY SSSHHHEEEIITTHH ...."Just giving everyone an update that I have both Tara Iti and Cape Kidnappers in the APCD....The Linkster is a golf course designing animal...absolutely sic...well done my son.. :clapping:
fiver

Post by fiver »

Linkster,

I was hoping I could con Sage into doing it. If he is to busy, it would be nice if anyone of these great designers could take it on.

Fiver :cheers1: