LACC

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
guitarget2019

Re: LACC

Post by guitarget2019 »

Jimbo, is this the video you mentioned earlier? Very informative. :cheers1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKBYeaWvN3Y
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

That'sthe one...I much less worried about flooding than fire these days. It's too late to nitpick this year-but the US Open will be back in sixteen years so... :clapping:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Thanks Glenn splendid work, maybe clubhouse lighter as in the video though :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Pete wrote: June 15th, 2023, 7:16 am Thanks Glenn splendid work, maybe clubhouse lighter as in the video though :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Hi Pete,

I did have the clubhouse a lighter color, but in game with the lighter windows it didn't look right. It looked like a solid white block with no features. The only other option would be to lighten the clubhouse and find new window texture's that would stand out a little better.

Let me think about it.

Glenn
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

The clubhouse looks a bit ominous - like where you get sent if you don't play very well! :scared: Could a different texture make a difference?

Also, I encountered this floating bridge end by 17 green when I was looking for pin positions. Something going on there. 2 screen prints of it are here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzjn3ahbl8ld8 ... n.zip?dl=0

Pete
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Glenn,

As usual, your course designs do not disappoint, the golf played on it by this golfer did disappoint but can be attributed to rust and playing too much console golf (PGA 2K1) and less of my old friend Links 2003. Shot 36-40 in my first spin around LACC. A couple of chip-ins saved my score from being higher! Nice wide fairways and even with the rust didn't get into much trouble off the tee, had issues with approach shots, a few just a few feet short of being good rolling back into bunkers or deep rough. Had a fair amount of straight putts that in true Glenn fashion just subtly broke or moved and burned the edge of the hole, or maybe I didn't hit the snap correctly. Was surprised at the length of some of the holes and hitting woods into the greens on both par 3's and 4's. Should be a good test for this weekend, can't wait for it to start!

Jim
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

My "nitpicking juices are starting to flow again... :laugh:
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Glenn,

Watching the US Open coverage it appears that your design is really spot-on, I liked it a little while ago the announcer said there are a lot of straight putts on this course.

Jim
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

pmgolf wrote: June 15th, 2023, 1:11 pm The clubhouse looks a bit ominous - like where you get sent if you don't play very well! :scared: Could a different texture make a difference?

Also, I encountered this floating bridge end by 17 green when I was looking for pin positions. Something going on there. 2 screen prints of it are here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzjn3ahbl8ld8 ... n.zip?dl=0

Pete
Thanks Pete, I am working on the bunkers now. When I get to 17, I'll see what I can do with that bridge
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Glenn:

The Nitpicker has just played a round and it's BRILL-EFFIN-IANT! :clapping: :notworthy: :thumbup:

BUT...Having said that, it just wouldn't be the same if I wasn't here to piss you off!
Whatever I find I'll send it via PM, so the Linksters won't know how anal-retentive I am (although some may suspect already!)
It looks like there isn't a texture for barranca (where you can take a penalty stroke)-it appears to be the major "problem area" on the course. Apparently the same texture also exists at Riviera-who knew? :scared:

Anyway the US Open has been "booked elsewhere for the foreseeable future! Based on today's scores you're going to make your course play a lot easier! :rofl:

I'm doing another project that I'm going to be posting shortly but I'm already "on the job"!