Distanz Pro Mod

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Titus

Distanz Pro Mod

Post by Titus »

Hello,
I would like to try the Distance Pro Mod for the slightly longer courses.
Then all anis have the mod?

Can I still play in Game Ranger against other players who don't have this mod?

and is it possible to deactivate or uninstall this mod again?

Thanks in advance, for known reasons I want to avoid a new installation of Links2k3. :whistle:
gator

Re: Distanz Pro Mod

Post by gator »

Titus,

My comments with some quotes from the developer website (http://linksassistant.no-ip.info/prodistance.htm)

Then all anis have the mod? "You must create a new player to use with the Pro Distance mod. If your player was created with Links 2003 versions 1.00-1.07, it will not work with the Pro Distance Mod. If your player was created with the 2.01 version of the Pro Distance Mod, you should be able to continue using that player without issues." Also, "[c]omputer players do not seem to be able to take advantage of the distance increase."

Can I still play in Game Ranger against other players who don't have this mod? Someone else who plays online may be able to answer this.

and is it possible to deactivate or uninstall this mod again? "Excluding the uninstall components, this mod installs 2 files on your computer: LinksPD.exe and an updated version of LinksMMIII.exe. This new version of LinksMMIII.exe installs into its own subdirectory (LinksPD) so that it does not interfere with the normal 1.07 version."

You should still be able to start unaltered Links by using LinksLauncher.exe and/or LinksMMIII.exe in your main Links director/folder. Start a Pro Distance Mod version of Links with the aforementioned LinksPD.exe (in your main Links director/folder) or the new version of LinksMMIII.exe (in LinksPD subdirectory/folder).

Leo
Titus

Post by Titus »

Hello Gartor,
thank you very very much for your detailed answer. Now that I'm reading this I can remember (you're getting older) why I didn't install it years ago. Since this mod is a 2.1V, it cannot be used online with 1.07V players, links ask for it.
I'll try it out alone. I've also read that he should do better in champ or elite, champ is hard for me to play, if you get into trouble it's very difficult to get out of it.

Thanks and greetings from Thailand, Titus
gator

Post by gator »

Titus,

This wasn't one of your questions, but it may affect your decision to install the Pro Distance Mod - "[t]he distance increase only applies to the Classic Swing. It will not increase the distance for Real Time Swing or Powerstroke." The developer says that this along with the fact that it doesn't work for computer players are known issues with the mod. As it was released in July 2008 and the website was last updated in August 2008, I don't expect any future updates (who knows?).

In any event, these are the distances the developer says the mod is capable of:
Pro Distance Mod distances.jpg
Pro Distance Mod distances.jpg (62.75 KiB) Viewed 3653 times

Leo
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

I think you can forget about playing on Game Ranger with those who do not have the pro distance version. And few have it.
Titus

Post by Titus »

Hey Gator,
Thanks for the list of club distances, actually I just need the longer driver. I have adjusted all my clubs differently, e.g. the LW only goes 50y.
The putter is probably the same as in V1.07?

Kunkleman wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 3:51 pm I think you can forget about playing on Game Ranger with those who do not have the pro distance version. And few have it.
Hi Kunkelman,
Yes, I see that too, it will be difficult. Mir usually plays in threes, one of them has very little idea about computers, after 20 years he still has the initial sound of Links2K3. I would have to install the mod.

Titus