Game Froze When Computer Player Hit Ball In The Water

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
1PuttJeff

Game Froze When Computer Player Hit Ball In The Water

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced this situation while playing Links. I was playing at Augusta National against Jack Nicklaus (computer player) and Jack hit his ball in the water on a hole. The "Drop Box" appeared on the screen, but it would not allow Jack to drop his ball within a dashed yellow line on the screen. How would I be able to proceed with the game like this? It has never happened to me before while playing Links and it essentially ended the round, unfortunately. :helpsmilie:
Jimbo

Re: Game Froze When Computer Player Hit Ball In The Water

Post by Jimbo »

Maybe the water was too cold... :laugh:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

What hole? What version of Augusta National?

Pete
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Pete,

Thanks for your reply to my post about Augusta National. The version of Augusta I have is an updated version from 2009-2010 and I believe the hole in question was #15. It was very strange because the ball that Jack Nicklaus (computer player) hit was right on the edge of the water and when trying to drop the ball for a penalty stroke, it wouldn't allow Jack to drop his ball. :helpsmilie:
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Jimbo wrote: April 20th, 2023, 7:04 am Maybe the water was too cold... :laugh:

Haha! :rofl:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

1PuttJeff wrote: April 20th, 2023, 2:11 pm Pete,

Thanks for your reply to my post about Augusta National. The version of Augusta I have is an updated version from 2009-2010 and I believe the hole in question was #15. It was very strange because the ball that Jack Nicklaus (computer player) hit was right on the edge of the water and when trying to drop the ball for a penalty stroke, it wouldn't allow Jack to drop his ball. :helpsmilie:
Sorry, Jeff, but that version is now 12 years old. It's similar to what you would do if your 12 year old car were to cut off at a stoplight. Restart it and hope it doesn't happen again. Mechanical and electronic things get clogged up every once in a while. When it starts happening at the same place on the same course over and over, that's when you have a problem. :smile:

Pete
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Pete,

Thanks for your feedback in regard to my Links game freezing while playing #15 at Augusta National. I would like to download the new 2023 beta version of Augusta that was just released, but I thought it would be a good idea to wait until the final version is released. :thumbup: