Harbour Town

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Weeler

Harbour Town

Post by Weeler »

I just wanted to extend a huge "Thank You" to Eddie Schmidt for creating this course for Links. Especially the HD version. IMHO, it's a virtual work of art on the APCD. Granted, there have been some hole yardage , and perhaps bunker changes to the real course since Eddie released this version but I'll have to say that overall, it sure felt like you were there playing, if you happened to do it during the RBC Heritage this weekend. I almost always play the entire round in "close-up" golfer mode in order to feel like I'm on ground level and playing ( no matter what course ). If you choose one of your favorite skies....or this weekend whatever Mother Nature actually provided....you just couldn't go wrong.
The beautiful 2D homes nestled in their places along the fairways, the very "realistic" colors and textures, and outstanding planting on the course was very inviting and nearly immersive. If you didn't have time to "play along" during the tournament.....try it soon. ( If you have the drive space, I heartily recommend the HD version. This has always been one of my favorites.....but check out Mr. Schmidt's other courses as well. Kudo's, Eddie !

Ron Weel
EJ55

Re: Harbour Town

Post by EJ55 »

Thank you Ron, I take a spin from time to time. I'm happy folks are still able to enjoy it. When I think back it's been 17 or 18 years since the original was released..... Where do the years go?
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

I played Harbour Town a few weeks ago and I still LOVE IT its one of my all time favorite courses, as is Augusta National Par 3 which I play every year in Masters week. Thanks so much Eddie for all of the hard work you put into your courses and for making them available to us. :cheers1:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Eddie-add me to that list! :clapping:
EJ55

Post by EJ55 »

Thanks guys! Augusta Par 3 is my favorite course I produced, for me it's fun to play and I love Augusta National.

Glad you all have and are enjoying.