Do the Greens "dry out"

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
bostonlefty

Do the Greens "dry out"

Post by bostonlefty »

Might be my age or mind - but it seems to me the green speed gets faster through the game. I'm always changing the speeds before my rounds, using all 3 Challenging Speeds. I'll play the first 4 or 5 holes and will get used to the setting - next thing every putt is running 5 feet or so longer than the previous early holes. S(C) becomes M(C) ,at first I wonder is it me? Never seems to slow back down. If starting with F(C) it can still occasionally seems to run faster later in the round.

Is it possible the "computer" takes a few holes to register the newly entered settings?

BL
pmgolf

Re: Do the Greens "dry out"

Post by pmgolf »

You're kidding - right? No, what you're suggesting is not possible. :dunno: :bookh: :sad:

Pete
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Only in the 3 seasons of Links career mode featuring original MS courses was it possible that conditions changed during a certain round of the tournament. There would be a warning that conditions had changed. Other than this---NOT POSSIBLE.
bostonlefty

Post by bostonlefty »

Thanks for the answers, I'll try altering my medication.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

bostonlefty wrote: February 8th, 2023, 10:22 pm Thanks for the answers, I'll try altering my medication.
:rofl:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added