LIV

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
Jimbo

Re: LIV

Post by Jimbo »

The GOLF Channel is periodically available for "regular" customers up here. I was able to watch the full broadcast. Seeing the pros wearing shorts might make some private clubs rethink their dress codes!☺
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Must be a Canadian thing. I haven't heard of the LIV Tour being on The Golf Channel here in the 'States.

Pete
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Jimbo wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 7:35 am The GOLF Channel is periodically available for "regular" customers up here. I was able to watch the full broadcast. Seeing the pros wearing shorts might make some private clubs rethink their dress codes!☺
I suddenly have some respect for GC (before, I had none). It took some berries to broadcast an LIV tournament that all the clench-sphinctered golf sites have been dumping on. Still, with a .2 rating on CW, which is slightly below watching paint dry -- in slow motion -- it will be a struggle this year for LIV to survive, unless they can snag another top-20 PGA player.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

pmgolf wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 1:05 pm Must be a Canadian thing. I haven't heard of the LIV Tour being on The Golf Channel here in the 'States.

Pete
Neither have I. And I would think that their programming would be same everywhere,
No matter where you go, there you are.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Nick Faldo will be broadcasting at the Masters, so that should be interesting considering what he's said about LIV and Norman in particular.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/golf/n ... s-29586633
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I guess I'll just have to dream about Koepka, Mickelson, or Reed winning the Masters. Can you imagine the entertainment value? :rofl:
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

I thought they already got their green.

Oh wait, didn't fully finish the thought, green jacket, yeah that's right.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

JimEvers37 wrote: April 12th, 2023, 2:54 pm I thought they already got their green.

Oh wait, didn't fully finish the thought, green jacket, yeah that's right.
What's your point? Sorry, I don't understand.

You are upset at professional golfers accepting money to play golf ?

:dunno:
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Interesting story about McIlroy: He withdrew from this week's HBC Heritage tournament at Harbor Town, which is one of 17 "designated" events the top players are required to play. By playing these events, they become eligible to earn millions in bonus money. A player is permitted to skip one of these events without penalty, but McIlroy has already skipped the Sentry Tournament of Champions at Kapalua, another designated event. If the rules are followed and not overruled by Monahan, McIlroy could forfeit $3M of bonus money. It will be interesting to see how this is handled, with McIlroy being such a prominent spokesman for the PGA Tour. I got this story from Fox News, no mention of it at all on squeaky-clean, Teflon-coated pgatour.com:

https://www.foxnews.com/search-results/search?q=mcilroy
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

FOOOOORE! wrote: April 14th, 2023, 1:29 pm Interesting story about McIlroy: He withdrew from this week's HBC Heritage tournament at Harbor Town, which is one of 17 "designated" events the top players are required to play. By playing these events, they become eligible to earn millions in bonus money. A player is permitted to skip one of these events without penalty, but McIlroy has already skipped the Sentry Tournament of Champions at Kapalua, another designated event. If the rules are followed and not overruled by Monahan, McIlroy could forfeit $3M of bonus money. It will be interesting to see how this is handled, with McIlroy being such a prominent spokesman for the PGA Tour. I got this story from Fox News, no mention of it at all on squeaky-clean, Teflon-coated pgatour.com:

https://www.foxnews.com/search-results/search?q=mcilroy
https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/36 ... c-heritage

PGA Tour confirmed it. Now you can rest easy.
No matter where you go, there you are.