LIV

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
FOOOOORE!

Re: LIV

Post by FOOOOORE! »

GoBucks wrote: April 15th, 2023, 3:34 pm https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/36 ... c-heritage
PGA Tour confirmed it. Now you can rest easy.
Thanks for the update. I think the whole thing would have fallen apart if they'd let McIlroy off the hook. Actually this news doesn't appear on pgatour.com (I searched high & low), it's on espn.com, which is the point I was trying to make. (Apparently they are scrapping the whole thing in 2024, but somehow the top players will still receive a bonus, according to the ESPN story. Probably got too many complaints about having to play 17 events, especially from non-NA players.)
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Would love to have been able to get to Adelaide this weekend for the tournament. Too far away and can't get time off work anyway. Hopefully LIV will still be going next year and return here to Oz and I can organize something. Not often we are treated to golfers of this caliber here
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I wish I had attended at least one tournament in person when I had the chance, considering how often I watched on TV. The closest I ever came was caddying at the Royal Montreal when I was 12 & 13, which is where I became interested in golf (it was a real shock when I finally played a muni!). There are very few courses in PH, and I'm pretty certain none of them is good enough to host a pro tournament. Just one in a city of 2.5M where I live!
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

PH ?
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Duck Hook wrote: April 19th, 2023, 11:13 amPH ?
Philippines.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Ahh, thanks mate. I was thinking somewhere in Canada... :laugh:
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

We're almost neighbors except you're on the SE coast. I was just looking at Australia on GE, man there's a lot of desert there! Or pretty close to it.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

lol yes, lots of dry stuff up through the centre and over in the west.
Great crowds and scenes in Adelaide today, the people have spoken here.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Talor Gooch ruining a good event..... :smile:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

After initially refusing requests from LIV to hold their event in Sydney, Golf New South Wales executives are now holding their hands out to host a second LIV event in Australia after witnessing the overwhelming success of the Adelaide event.
Idiots, what did they expect? After years of being starved of big name events it was always going to be a success.