Links 2003 on Win 7

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
hopeless@golf

Links 2003 on Win 7

Post by hopeless@golf »

Old timer here needing some help, sometimes Links will boot and play other times it crashes, haven't got clue of what to do other than opening up the second floor window and throwing the whole computer out the window

Also when it does manage to boot and go to play mode graphics are very blurry no matter what resolution I choose

Run down of my system
O/S - Windows 7 Home Premium
DirectX - 11.0
Video card - GForce GTX 760 2GB
Video card driver - Nvidia 388.13
Memory - 8 GB DDR3
Motherboard - Asus M4A88TD-M
CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3 MHZ

Any help as well as smart aleck comments are appreciated

Mike
pmgolf

Re: Links 2003 on Win 7

Post by pmgolf »

A lot of guys run into that problem when they use the Green Analyzer. That's a known problem, but the answer is: Don't use the green analyzer. Seriously. Other than that, we need some more info to give us a clue. Try to keep track of EXACTLY when it happens - what were you doing, or what did you do just before it crashed. Were you replaying a shot? That's happened to me a few times. Had you just taken a shot? Can you resume your round or do you have to restart Links, or even reboot your PC. How often does it happen. Every round? Several times in a round? Every three or four rounds? That kind of info.

For the fuzzy graphics, change your graphics settings to a level below your desired setting, let it redraw and then change it back and let it redraw. That should fix it.

Pete
gator

Re: Links 2003 on Win 7

Post by gator »

In addition to what Pete asked, what Links patches have you installed? It could be that you are attempting to play HD courses without having the 1.07 patch installed. Just a thought.