GIMP

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Ian Wells

GIMP

Post by Ian Wells »

On each course I build I always have a problem with the panorama having a white line across the top of the terrain below the sky.
On Mountaintop Golf and Lake Club, Daniel helped me, and when I made the panorama for Black Rock I was determined to learn how to remove the white line myself, and after some reading online I managed it. Now three months later I seem to have forgotten. :wallbash:
This is how I thought I removed the line:
  • manually remove the sky up to the terrain using Select, Fill with white, Colour to Alpha,
  • use fuzzy select and select Grow by 1 or 2 pixels,
  • then Fill, Colour to Alpha
On the panorama for Gozzer Ranch it is not working even though in GIMP it looks perfect, see test below.
(The shapes on the left are using antialiasing, and on the right not)
In GIMP
shapes in GIMP.jpg
shapes in GIMP.jpg (33.81 KiB) Viewed 230 times
In Links
shapes in Links.jpg
shapes in Links.jpg (10.6 KiB) Viewed 230 times
Is there anyone who can tell me what I am doing wrong so that I can conquer once and for all my white line problem?

Thank you,
:tiphat:
Ian
sagevanni

Re: GIMP

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Ian,
Gimp is not very good at what you describe. I have that issue all the time and sometimes I never get it right.
Mess with the "Threshold" setting till you get it right. Once you click in the alpha area hit the delete key. Keep going with the threshold setting till satisfied the white is gone. You will have to save and reload the pano back into the course every time and do a val/save , open the course in the game and see what you have.
Hope I'm making myself clear.
gimp-1.jpg
gimp-1.jpg (60.73 KiB) Viewed 220 times
Sage...... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Sage,
Thank you.
I am away from my PC for the rest of the day and I will do what you suggest in the morning, and let you know.
It is very time consuming having to val/save each time, but such is APCD.
Thanks again,
Ian
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Sage,
Good morning.
I tried the Threshold, but there was no change.
It did, however, get me thinking about the settings, and it seems that lowering the Opacity on the bucket Fill from 100 to 95 gives me the finish I want, or at least what I am happy with.
All I have to do now is remove the sky, and then remember how I did it when I make my next Pano, :whistle: .
Thanks for the inspiration.
Ian
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Best to you Ian....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers1:

Sage........ :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.