Augusta National 2023

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
nicodaft

Re: Augusta National 2023

Post by nicodaft »

:notworthy: Thanks Doug. It’s an option in the game but not on youtube.

Bye

Nico
dko

Post by dko »

Nico, maybe next time you could also share how it's done. :pcwhack:

Anyway, I figured it out. I've played this game since the Access Software days, and never realized this option was available. AND I've looked at the Display option thousands of times...
Doug
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Thanks for getting this out just in time...
,,,but no tournament objects or clubhouse?
That would be perfection!
Just wondering...
Last edited by Jimbo on April 11th, 2024, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

: Linksters Augusta
Post by Weeler » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:58 am

Linkster: I think this is an excellent version of Augusta. The textures and colors were very well chosen, and complement each really well. My "go to" version of Augusta has always been Andrew Jones 2009 course, but I think it's met it's match with your design ! Andrew's version has a bit more
variety and color in the flowers on 12 and 13, but the overall look of your 2024 rendering looks so rich and well manicured. Absolutely beautiful job on the planting !

Really nice work IMHO !!! :cheers1:

Ron
Luenz

Post by Luenz »

Hi,

really great course... Thank you a lot! :clapping:

I have two (maybe dump) Questions:

a) The 24 Version is the one following the 23 Beta Version (with corrections ...) and there will be no final 23 Version, right?

b) Is it intentional, that the longest distance are the Ladies-tees (maybe I overread something)?

Greetings and kind regards
Derek
linkster

Post by linkster »

Hi Luenz! Yes the 2024 version is the update of the 2023 beta. There are new textures, new tee markers, I added some more vert details to the greens, added a visual fringe to the greens, and the biggest change is the new texture properties for the fringe. I think I will do one more update next year with crowds and 3d objects, and alter the 2nd tee area and make the 6th green wider to reflect the current changes. Without new lidar data it would only be a guess as to how they alter the course from now going forward.

Many designers used to add a longer tee area and define it as a Ladies tee. I thought I was keeping with that old standard. I don't expect anyone to play the course from the extreme tips but the tee markers are there if wanted. The only tee position I noticed that was pushed to the back this year was the final round on 18. Most tournament tee positions are Middle or Front tees.

I would appreciate any feed back on the new texture properties and if there are still issues around the 12th green.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

linkster wrote: April 20th, 2024, 3:55 pm I would appreciate any feed back on the new texture properties and if there are still issues around the 12th green.
Two players had troubles with #12 in my Masters Tournament. I'm copying the posts in the LSPN Forum. 3 .jpgs in a row.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7k740y5i ... 8cwz8&dl=0

There is some problem around the greenside of the front left sand trap. I last saw my ball clear the trap edge, but then fall back into the trap and *Crash!* The other player's ball can be seen as a tiny white pixel in the screen print left of greenside trap edge and against the "Rendering" message border. That's the screen for their crash.
s_2293.jpg
s_2293.jpg (8.19 KiB) Viewed 213 times
Resuming wasn't possible for either player. Requalify and restart. No complaints about the version - I just want to see if there is something that can be fixed. Love the course, though!

Pete
linkster

Post by linkster »

The course pictured in the screen shot was the 2023 beta version. I can tell the difference based on the lighter textures and the shadow artifacts at the base of the 3d bridge. I separated the 3d bridges from the reflective water and reduced the number of verts in the water for the 2024 version. I have not experienced a crash yet with the 2024 version but I want to know what others have experienced.

Can you confirm that the crash exists in the 2024 version?
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

No, I wasn't able to get the 2024 version ready in time for the tournament since it had all new pins. What happened with the 2023 version at least gives us something to watch out for. And the shots can be pretty closely re-created. Hopefully it has already been fixed!

Pete
Luenz

Post by Luenz »

linkster wrote: April 20th, 2024, 3:55 pm Hi Luenz! Yes the 2024 version is the update of the 2023 beta. There are new textures, new tee markers, I added some more vert details to the greens, added a visual fringe to the greens, and the biggest change is the new texture properties for the fringe. I think I will do one more update next year with crowds and 3d objects, and alter the 2nd tee area and make the 6th green wider to reflect the current changes. Without new lidar data it would only be a guess as to how they alter the course from now going forward.

Many designers used to add a longer tee area and define it as a Ladies tee. I thought I was keeping with that old standard. I don't expect anyone to play the course from the extreme tips but the tee markers are there if wanted. The only tee position I noticed that was pushed to the back this year was the final round on 18. Most tournament tee positions are Middle or Front tees.

I would appreciate any feed back on the new texture properties and if there are still issues around the 12th green.

Hi Linkster,

many thanks for your answer. Will be back at the Weekend and will play the Course.
Will send you a Feedback for the textures and if I have any problems around the 12th.

Kind regards
Derek