Direction connection no sound

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
maddog0602

Direction connection no sound

Post by maddog0602 »

I can play as a single player and hear all the sounds. But just a few days ago in direction connection to play online with other players I cannot hear any sounds now. I use dicord to talk with the my friend and I can hear that just fine. Has anyone else had this problem anyone know what could be happening here. Thank you for any help with this matter.
Daniel

Re: Direction connection no sound

Post by Daniel »

Try running Links as administrator, that can work sometimes. Some of the Tigercats players had a similar problem while running Ventrilo and the game together. Also look and see in the multiplayer setting in the game and untick sound compression if ticked. Hope this helps you. Good luck
maddog0602

Post by maddog0602 »

Daniel, I do run as adminisrator and I went and unticked the compressed chat box. I will keep you posted on the out come. Thanks for the advice.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Also, you could try to run Discord as administrator. Sometimes you need to run both programs as Admin but if that does not work try one as admin and if that does not work just try the other as admin. If you do not get it working try to update your sound driver, such as Realtek high-definition sound driver.
gator

Post by gator »

I've never played online so I'm no expert here but I do recall years ago reading on the old forum that both computers need to have identical sound files in Links or the sounds won't play when playing online.

Leo
maddog0602

Post by maddog0602 »

We are both using dicord running as admin because we cannot hear each other in Links if we don't. We both have Links running as admin also. It was working fine until one day we went to play and I had no sound from links. I have tried to run private network and public network and it didn't ork to fix the problem. I will keep trying also. I will also go and see if my sound driver is updated. Thnak you all.