The One Stop Ani Shop

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
Big Sexy JC

Re: The One Stop Ani Shop

Post by Big Sexy JC »

Titus,

I have a number of anis with sunglasses. I'm guessing it's something with your graphics driver/card. I use all of my anis on 6 different Windows 7 PCs with a wide variety of configurations and none have this glitching issue.

All,

I did receive a PM about an ani that had the swing timing way off with the actual striking of the golf ball. For example, the ball would take off way before the club made contact with it or vice versa, the club would hit the ball and then after a short delay the ball would then take off. This is 100% my fault and I'm trying to track down all of the anis with this issue.

I was doing some experimenting with the swing timing and made some really good progress, but I somehow got my experimental SKL file with all the swing timing experiments mixed in with my "live" SKL file. Now I'm having a hell of a time tracking them all down. If you notice one of these just let me know, but I am actively going through as I get time to try to fix them.
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

433 days ago I figured out how to create anis. My only motivation/incentive/reason for ever creating an ani in the first place was to help make my PGA Tour replay a bit more realistic. As of today, the last season of my replay has begun and until the 2024 season ends in late September, I have no reason to create anymore PGA anis.

I can't stress enough that I am absolutely horrible at anything art related. I didn't know the first thing about graphics or photo software. I had all the apps, but rarely used them because I didn't have a need and didn't really care. I have no programming knowledge whatsoever. I've worked in IT for over 30 years, but never had a need or desire to get into the code writing side of the industry. What I'm trying to say is I really had to figure crap out along the way and I eventually did it.

433 days and 181 anis later (that's an ani every 2.5 days for those scoring at home) I could probably get a full time job as a graphics designer, I've learned how to use a hex editor to crack the golfer utility and make it more versatile, I've had to write scripts and batch files to convert and unpack and re-pack all the files contained in the ani files. Hell, I now use Maya everyday of my life. I sure didn't see that coming 433 days ago.

This was a monstrous project and I don't think a single other human on the planet could ever wrap their head around using a game from 20 years ago to replay 43 years of the PGA Tour all just to prove a concept that if I were the head of the PGA Tour and had a final say in how things were done that I'm 100% positive I could produce a more enjoyable product. At least that's my opinion. I don't think even the people on a Links 2003 forum really care about this project, but I'm thankful that Andy has supplied a platform for my ramblings and journaling about it.

The original animasters created about 100 anis in around 5-6 years. I'm proud that I created double that in 20% of the time and that the quality ended up being just as good (again, my opinion). My first 50-75 were not very good at best and sucked at worst, but they've all been redone and now all of them are pretty good at worst and really freaking good at best. I'm proud of that. I feel like I've contributed to this community and given back. That's a good thing right?

I will say that I'm burned out. I've run out of steam. The non stop grind of this project has kicked my booty. I'm going to be moving on to my next project after a little break. The new animasters website is very high on my priority list and it's starting to take shape (https://www.jclinks2003.com). I want to get that completed and then I think I'm going to take a shot at course design.

I still have some ideas for anis. I"ve always wanted to make a better version of the anipro and I just completed 64 faces that just might show up in the BigSexy JC Super Ani. I'm also thinking about some tutorials for modifying the script.txt file, swapping SKL files and maybe some tips to get some others creating some anis. I want a community of ani creators.

I never made the anis to share them, but if even 1 person has gotten more enjoyment out of the game from them, then I'm glad I did.
dko

Post by dko »

I think you know where I stand, Big Sexy...

:clapping:
Doug
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Big Sexy,

Congratulations on what is a wonderful achievement.
I have greatly enjoyed reading your posts , even though I didn't understand some of the technical points. :smile:
I look forward to following your next APCD project.
:tiphat:
Ian
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

Great job with all your work! Perfectly understandable that you need a break, easy to get burnt out after all that progress. Looking forward to future products! :thumbup: :thumbup:
fiver

Post by fiver »

BS,

You have made my tournament play sooo much more enjoyable. Having different faces and apparel. I use the youngest 120 ani's to play in my game.It's a blast!

Jim