PHOENIX

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
Jimbo

PHOENIX

Post by Jimbo »

I don't know about you but if I could only watch one tournament a year...๐Ÿ˜€
pmgolf

Re: PHOENIX

Post by pmgolf »

Back in the mid 90's I worked in the IT department of a Tobacco Company in Richmond, Va. My boss decided to send me to the Sales Conference to meet our salesmen who were going to be using the new sales system we were getting ready to release. The Conference was being held in Phoenix, Az. I have always been an avid golfer, but for the trip I was more concerned about not being able to smoke for the length of the flight. I knew about the Phoenix Open and had watched it before, but I didn't realize that it was going to happen while I was out in Arizona.

When I arrived, the shuttle took us to the hotel - the Scottsdale Princess. It meant nothing to me at the time - I wondered how far Scottsdale was from Phoenix. When we got there I heard that there was a golf tournament going on, but the person wasn't a golf fan so they didn't know much about it, so I took a hotel bus to the golf course at the hotel to see what I could find out. There was a lot of stuff going on there and I asked about it, and was told to go through the Pro Shop and out the back. When I did that, I walked right out into the Phoenix Open which was just starting that day! The tournament course was right beside the Scottsdale Princess. I had no idea! I spent the rest of the day watching the tournament. Payne Stewart was there, wearing a tie with his outfit since his clothing line was adding them to enhance the old-fashioned look. I was able to watch tournament play while walking to various sales meetings.

Pete
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Can the finish before the Super Bowl (barring a playoff)?
They've certainly made every effort-and it's been fun to watch the "Adventures of Nick Taylor"...but he's managed to get to one under and one back.
Now he's tied.
The Mounties and hockey players at 16 should be happy!
Also my best fantasy roster ever-Taylor, Thomas, Burns and Scheffler.๐Ÿ˜
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I've attended a coule of tour events but I'd love to be sitting at the 16th in a Mountie costume!๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

BTW there are reports that a lot of players don't like the party atmosphere-they head off to the middle east.
Admittedly the weather and overcrowding were issues but I still feel that there's room for the PGA to be more of a sport (at the pro level).
I'm betting that when Nick made the putt in the Canadian Open ahelluvalot of Canadians were yelling-or at least thinking "Hurry Hard"!